• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hooper (Hereford Fan)

Hi, Hereford fan here.

Can you make him sign for us please? Thank you.

That is all.

Sorry mate, you need to ask his Dad.
He's the one who makes all the important decisions like who he plays for, what his wages should be & whether he should wear the Hulk or Spiderman Y-fronts today......

Sorry mate, you need to ask his Dad.
He's the one who makes all the important decisions like who he plays for, what his wages should be & whether he should wear the Hulk or Spiderman Y-fronts today......

I think its his uncle actually ... and you and i both know what annoying little sh!ts they can be :whistling:

Hi, Hereford fan here.

Can you make him sign for us please? Thank you.

That is all.

If it were in my gift, I would certainly do so. I think you may find that Mr Hooper will find it a tad more difficult to find the back of the net in League One. We gave him a number of opportunities, including the last game of the season after he returned from you guys, without impressing at all.

Good luck for the season, I am certainly looking forward to the excellent pies at your gaff. I realise that Hoops may return to the Hall with a point to prove but I remain unconviced that he is any better than a league two player.

Certainly would be a good move for all concerned. Hope he signs for Hereford and does well there again. Sadly I do not think it will ever happen for him at Southend now.

It's dragging on a bit, which is getting us Hereford fans a bit jumpy. I hope he does come, but the longer it drags on, the less likely it seems. Hooper has been quality for us - his work rate is exemplary, and he was nearly our top scorer last season despite only playing since January. He fit in brilliantly with our fast, pass and move football. If we get him for £50k it's daylight robbery, IMO. But I'd love to see it happen.

He's already a hero here - people have had T-shirts printed with him on and everything.

Sort it out Gary!

It's dragging on a bit, which is getting us Hereford fans a bit jumpy. I hope he does come, but the longer it drags on, the less likely it seems. Hooper has been quality for us - his work rate is exemplary, and he was nearly our top scorer last season despite only playing since January. He fit in brilliantly with our fast, pass and move football. If we get him for £50k it's daylight robbery, IMO. But I'd love to see it happen.

He's already a hero here - people have had T-shirts printed with him on and everything.

Sort it out Gary!

You Hereford fans really are a sad confused race of people arent you! :dim:

I think its his uncle actually ... and you and i both know what annoying little sh!ts they can be :whistling:

Like a pair of genetically engineered Alf Garnett/ Oompah loompah cross breeds.

Hopefully Hooper will have the sense not to listen to his over bearing relative & makes his own decisions(ahem!)

I fear it's too late for some however.......

Sort it out Gary!

A bit OTT, think you're confusing him with that other striker we got from Grays, forget his name, plays for wolves now

You Hereford fans really are a sad confused race of people arent you! :dim:

index.cgi

Sort it out Gary!

I'll see what i can do, but I have the washing to do when I get home first

Please have him....

Good little player but never going to make it with us and would be glad of the cash to get us Mulgrew.

I'm the third, but I think that Tilson has run out of patience with him.

Wouldn't be surprised if he became Kightly Mark II.

Personally I'd keep him but let him go to Hereford on a season long loan - that would free up the wages, but still retain his registration if he scores loads next seaon in D1.

Personally I'd keep him but let him go to Hereford on a season long loan - that would free up the wages, but still retain his registration if he scores loads next seaon in D1.

Only problem I see with that is that he only signed an 18 month contract before he went out on loan to Hereford last season. At the end of next season, Gary will be able to leave on a free no matter how many goals he scores.

Only problem I see with that is that he only signed an 18 month contract before he went out on loan to Hereford last season. At the end of next season, Gary will be able to leave on a free no matter how many goals he scores.

I think that he will still only be 21 or 22 at the end of next season and thought that if a player was under 23 and you offered him a contract at the same or better terms then any club that he then moved to needed to pay you a fee or compensation - can anyone clarify this please?

Back