• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hoops To Hereford

no surprises here me thinks.

Think we could have got more than 50k out of them for him, considering he steered them to promotion?

I heard Hereford had made 1 or 2 lower bids but 50k was as high as they could go. So if it was a choice between 50k or hope some other team would offer more, I'd take the 50k.

I think there was evidence (in Hungarian) kicking around on here last week that Lurpak was off.

As long as we have say 20% sell on fee then this business is only good for us. He will do well at Hereford and I can't see him doing it here. It just never works at Southend.

Zoltan's already gone............................

As for Hoops, I'd have liked a bigger fee, but to be honest I think Hereford would be the best club he could go to for his career. He'll get looked after well there. We HAVE to put in a sell on though. It'd be stupid not to.

That is a bargain Hereford have got. In the past, players with as good a record as Hooper in the 4th Div have gone for 6 figures at least plus (eg Tyson, Holt). However, if we get a sell on clause in that then hopefully we will come out of this with a reasonable amount of cash.

As for Zoltan...never looked like it was working out here. Are we getting a fee for him (I beleive he still had a year to run on his contract)?

Shame if Liptak goes, he looked a good player when I saw him in the reserves and ESS. He never looked particularly happy, even when scoring.

Tilson never seems to know how to keep the fringe players happy.

Shame if Liptak goes, he looked a good player when I saw him in the reserves and ESS. He never looked particularly happy, even when scoring.

Tilson never seems to know how to keep the fringe players happy.

Liptak obviously didn't develop enough / adapt to the English game as much as Tilson hoped for

if we can get our money back then I'd be happy

it was pretty obvious Hooper, even though signing a new deal, would be sold on.
Good business sense there by T, B and RM in my opinion. He's obviously got some potential so rather than let him leave for nothing get some cash for him with a nice sell on clause.

Hooper never really looked like scoring any goals for us, clearly we're not the 'right' club for him so it's best he moves on. A shame as I always thought he had potential to do well, but as we can get some cash for him and a nice sell-on should he do well, I'm not too disappointed by his imminent departure.

As for Zoltan...never looked like it was working out here. Are we getting a fee for him (I beleive he still had a year to run on his contract)?

I thought we paid £50,000 for him so surely to god wont be letting him go for any less, allowing for the fact that we have also paid him a years salary plus lodging expenses on top of the fee.

I thought we paid £50,000 for him so surely to god wont be letting him go for any less, allowing for the fact that we have also paid him a years salary plus lodging expenses on top of the fee.

Thats what I thought, but I guess it will show whether Tilly thinks he would make the grade here. If he is still '6 months away' from being ready for first team football then we may send him back for nothing in an effort to avoid the additional years salary and lodgings. Alternatively if Tilly would consider playing him this year Im sure he would expect a fee....

Back