• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question How did Bilel Moshni come to our attention?

Ricky Otto

President⭐
Just finding out about this exciting prospect and it appears St Genevieve, the club he played at last season, are an amateur club. How would a player plying his trade in the Parisian amateur leagues find his way to Southend United? Did he come over to find a club and we were fortunate enough to give him a trial? Was he recomended to the club and/or Sturrock? Was he the cheapest thing going and we got lucky?

I'd guess that one of our ex-French players was good friends with him and tipped us off. Only way I can think of.

Hi guys,

I can confirm that one of Paul Sturrock's scouts in France came across Bilel and got him to Southend for a trial. My brother (speaks good french) had chat with him last week and found this out. I guess it was the same scout who came across some of the other French players who he had at Plymouth.

Hi guys,

I can confirm that one of Paul Sturrock's scouts in France came across Bilel and got him to Southend for a trial. My brother (speaks good french) had chat with him last week and found this out. I guess it was the same scout who came across some of the other French players who he had at Plymouth.
Paul Sturrock has his own staff entourage? Interesting. Sounds about right though, regarding the scouting.

Hi guys,

Yes, as usual, Lincoln Shrimp is spot on with his information. And Bilel's English is improving all the time. He certainly does have basic English but it may take a little time for him to cut through the Scots brogue.

Sturrock seems to have a massive web of scouts in France, so expect more to arrive in the future. If they all turn out to be as exciting as Bilel, then we are on to a winner...

we might have to start calling him Arsene Sturrock at this rate

If he did have a trial at wrexham and they didnt like the look of him then what a mistake they have made. He is the most exciting prospect we have had since the mouse and kightly.

With the right coaching he is a premier league player in the making.

If he did have a trial at wrexham and they didnt like the look of him then what a mistake they have made. He is the most exciting prospect we have had since the mouse and kightly.

With the right coaching he is a premier league player in the making.
Just because he was on trial at wrexham and then us doesn't necessarily mean that Wrexham didn't want him.

Back