• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How do I get out of a "team building" workshop?

MK Shrimper

Striker
Now in my inbox at work I've just been sent an invite to a team building workshop to be held at a hotel in Coventry (oh, the glamour), starting at 5pm and overnightting until the next day. Now I'd rather jam knitting needles into my eyes than have to be chummy with some of the ****wits I have the misfortune to "work" with. In fact, I can see me going nuclear after a few beers and a few home truths coming out which may not be good for my job "prospects" (or just paying the bills).

So if anyone can come up with a gold plated excuse why I can't do this, I'll massively +rep them time and time again.

Following an incident with an ex-girlfriend who now resides in Coventry, you're not allowed within 10 miles off her and, by an unbelievable stroke of bad luck, she now lives next door to the hotel in question.

Now in my inbox at work I've just been sent an invite to a team building workshop to be held at a hotel in Coventry (oh, the glamour), starting at 5pm and overnightting until the next day. Now I'd rather jam knitting needles into my eyes than have to be chummy with some of the ****wits I have the misfortune to "work" with. In fact, I can see me going nuclear after a few beers and a few home truths coming out which may not be good for my job "prospects" (or just paying the bills).

So if anyone can come up with a gold plated excuse why I can't do this, I'll massively +rep them time and time again.

There is no "I" in "team".

As you wear a tag you must be at your home address during the curfew hours of 7pm until 6am.

Or you like people to speak to you and don't want to be sent to Coventry.

Last edited:
I suggest you look up synergy in a dictionary.

It may sound like one of Ron Martins hair products but it isn't.

Hey Chap!

The best and most effective way to avoid this is to find out the name and address of whoever is running this workshop, pay him/ her a visit and simply stab the **** to death.

This plan of action is bulletproof. Let me know how it goes.

Kind Regards

Accept the course, make lots of really entusiastic noises about it , them come back after the bank holiday and announce that your G/F's favourite Aunt/Uncle/stalker has died, two or three days later announce that unfortunately the funeral has been arranged for that day and you really should be there to support the Mrs and that you are really dissapointed.

you will come out of it as enthusiastic, open to change yet a caring, supportive partner who has a good work/life balance

Although you may get sussed as a miserable non team playing F***wit who we stoop to unbleievable levels involving your girlfriend just to avoid facing confrontation from workmates about your own failings......

Good luck

Surely your extreme reluctance to develop any relationship / respect for your work mates makes you the exact kind of person who SHOULD be going on the team building........

Surely your extreme reluctance to develop any relationship / respect for your work mates makes you the exact kind of person who SHOULD be going on the team building........

Bit late for that mate. Treated like **** for almost two years, I think I'll pass.

Back