• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I HAVE JUST HEARD

petejan

First XI
From a shesbury fan who I keep intouch with and he has said that if it keeps raining there the game may well be in doubt .You may know that there is a river close to the ground well it is allmost over flowing which meens the ground would be flooded . Do hope not I have been looking forward to the trip .
sad.gif
:
sad.gif

Equally, it could be a blessing in disguise... let someone else get the backlash from Jimmy Quinn's departure!

further, I think we could do without the potential of more injuries by playing on a waterlogged surface!

is the fishing any good there?  
wink.gif

"I'll get me coat!"  
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Oct. 22 2004,20:46)]Oh b******s, I hope not!
Hope not what Chris?

Game called off or injuries?

I remember about 4 years back Gay Meadow was under about 2 feet of water and was virtually unplayable for a month, whilst they got rid of the water, sh*te and christ knows what else that came down the river... it was not nice!
ghostface.gif

I will be in constant touch with my mate john and if I hear it first I will post it straight away .

[b said:
Quote[/b] (petejan @ Oct. 22 2004,20:20)]From a shesbury fan who I keep intouch with and he has said that if it keeps raining there the game may well be in doubt .You may know that there is a river close to the ground well it is allmost  over flowing which meens the ground would be flooded . Do hope not I have been looking forward to the trip .
sad.gif
 :
sad.gif
Oooohhh, doesn't look good:

shrewsweath.jpg

ghostface.gif

Last time we was going to Play Shrewsbury on saturday it did get called off that was back Jan 03 I think. Got up to the M25 and got told the game was off!

When's there gonna be an announcement, do you reckon? I'm gonna be buying my train ticket at about quarter to 12. Will it be sorted by then?

Can't believe my luck if it's called off. Then again, maybe I should go to more games...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Oct. 22 2004,22:41)]When's there gonna be an announcement, do you reckon?  I'm gonna be buying my train ticket at about quarter to 12.  
Alright for some, I'm catching the 9am train from Cheltenham Spa....
wow.gif

I shall be leaving about 9:30 am so if they call if off i will be most of the way there......oh dear have to sit in the pub all day.
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Oct. 23 2004,00:36)]I'll come and join you
biggrin.gif
i take it the Dun Cow or what ever is still the main boozer for tomorrow come rain or shine?

Yeah it is as far as I know. I'll double check it tommoz, but I wont be able to let you know tho
biggrin.gif

err, pretty much shouldn't be posting at this time, but....

If i can't find a game at he Gay Meadow, I'll head for your crazy pub and try and find some people who'll help me netertain myself til I head towards Birmingham.

Is Dun Cow really a name worthy or a pub?

Stid has just posted me he as you may know is now a sheep shagging shrimper .HEsays it has rained all yesterday in north wales and is still raining he doesnt live to far from shewsbury .Things dont look good
ghostface.gif

b******s. I will be leaving shortly. Going to have to take the Shrews club number ring them on the way.
sad.gif

Just been on the Shrews Rivals mesage board and they all seem to think it will be on as the fields around the ground are not flooded etc.

Back