• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I guess that everyone who is a member of SZ loves SUFC or they wouldn't spend their time on this site. Everyone has different opinions and those that we do not agree with are no less valid than those that we do agree with - they're just opinions.

I reiterate my fears about coming straight back down. Both times when we were relegated from the 'Championship' division we tumbled straight down to the bottom division with dwindling crowds and no money to pay players on Championship wage contracts, resulting in probably some of the worst playing squads that I have ever seen at the club in 50 years or, as was the case last time, virtually no players on contract two or three weeks before the start of the next season.

That would also be my fear.

Lee Novak, who scored Chesterfield's goal yesterday, is on a season long loan from Birmingham, a club currently laying 8th in the Championship. This means he, in Birmingham's opinion, isn't up to the standard they want from a Championship player. According to what I heard yesterday he was on £11k a week at Birmingham, our current budget probably wouldn't allow us to pay much more than a fifth of that. Imagine the consequences of having players on a two year contract if you were to come straight back down, we've seen it before.

Yes, I would love to see Championship football here again but to be competitive in the Championship we would need to see gates around double to three times what they are currently and even if we did get those gates, and with our catchment area there is no reason why we shouldn't, we haven't got a ground big enough. These are the realities.

Yes, I know Blackpool, Oldham, Wigan, et al, have even got to the Premier with small gates but where are they now? Two of them in the bottom four and in danger of going into the bottom tier to join Portsmouth, Luton and Northampton, other clubs that have previously played in the top tier......

I really despair of these people who don't seem to understand that Brown delivered the best day of our lives last season in gaining promotion, and that we are sitting safe and secure in L1 and doing so much better than many would (and did) have predicted at the start of the season.

So much of the negativity and trolling is also spilling into Chris Phillips' FB Southend United group, the #BrownOut people can (to coin a phrase that is being used a lot on here at the moment) "do one", as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, we're missing Lenny and a properly functioning Timlin massively, as I said after Tuesday night, Deegan, Atkinson and Wordsworth do NOT work together. He changed things a bit yesterday and brought Worrall back in, that was a positive step to counteract the accusations of being negatively set up.

We desperately need creativity, once we have that, then I am sure the goals will follow. UTB.

It was a brilliant day and really exciting, that 123rd minute equaliser was amazing and of course we did get lucky that day...BUT, the job should have been finished off way earlier, probably even before the Morecambe game, which we should have won but we got stuffed 4-1 due to poor tactics.

Of course everyone is happy we are in L1 but, as I've said all along, we have done it despite PB. Too many erratic performances, mad tactics and substitutions that nobody really understands. Trying to stifle the other teams tactics rather than playing our own game too often.

Thank you PB, it's been a good journey but if you did decide to go to Bolton, I wouldn't be complaining

It was a brilliant day and really exciting, that 123rd minute equaliser was amazing and of course we did get lucky that day...BUT, the job should have been finished off way earlier, probably even before the Morecambe game, which we should have won but we got stuffed 4-1 due to poor tactics.

Of course everyone is happy we are in L1 but, as I've said all along, we have done it despite PB. Too many erratic performances, mad tactics and substitutions that nobody really understands. Trying to stifle the other teams tactics rather than playing our own game too often.

Thank you PB, it's been a good journey but if you did decide to go to Bolton, I wouldn't be complaining

I don't normally disagree with what you post DWB, but the bit about doing it despite PB is more than a bit strange. As he is the manager and calls the tactics, then how have we done it despite him? Was someone else sneaking in and talking to the players after Brown's team talks?

I don't normally disagree with what you post DWB, but the bit about doing it despite PB is more than a bit strange. As he is the manager and calls the tactics, then how have we done it despite him? Was someone else sneaking in and talking to the players after Brown's team talks?

I honestly believe that if the players we had last season were managed differently, different tactics etc, we would have walked L2, rather than having to rely on a 123rd minute goal, some great penalties and 2 great penalty saves. Again, just my opinion, some will agree and some won't

I honestly believe that if the players we had last season were managed differently, different tactics etc, we would have walked L2, rather than having to rely on a 123rd minute goal, some great penalties and 2 great penalty saves. Again, just my opinion, some will agree and some won't

We could probably kick this round a bit more and still not agree, so as you say, so we should settle for healthy disagreement.

Back