• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I-Pads

DTS

The Business
Hi All

Decided to upgrade our Ipad as the current one I think was the first pro-type apple ever release its that old.

I know nothing. Can someone help me to say what is the latest model and where can I get a first hand one for a good price. So out the loop on all this stuff.

Cheers
DtS

Been looking lately myself, to get one new from somewhere reliable it's virtually impossible to find anywhere cheaper than Apple as they wont let them do it any lower, but you can get it for the same price at John Lewis who offer a free two year warranty with it.

As for which model it depends what you want to use it for really, and the memory size as well. They've annoyingly stopped making 32gb for the newest models which is what most people would need.

I think the Ipad Pro has just been released. Note sure of the price though.

I've got an Ipad Air, and the wife has an Ipad Air 2, both are really good.

I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.

Decent spec and you don't get F'd in the A by Apple prices.

I have the IPad Air and never had a problem and find it really good. I brought it from John Lewis (I think it was about £20) more but you get an extra warranty so in my view it is worth it. I would always have John Lewis at the top of my list for anything electrical due to their warranties and their after sales service

Check out Amazon, there's some good deals on iPads there at the moment. I'd go for an either an iPad Air 2 (the original Air is getting a bit old now) or a iPad Mini 4.

If you know anyone who is currently studying for a degree (or works in a school, uni, college) then they get a student (education) discount that can save a bit.

If you know anyone who is currently studying for a degree (or works in a school, uni, college) then they get a student (education) discount that can save a bit.

Do students have the cash/complete lack of sense to buy Apple products?

Or the fact that you're stuck with the internal memory, so you end up paying for more than you need just in case. Why do you think the 32GB versions have been scrapped?

Bought a couple of Tesco Hudls for the kids; very good parental controls.

For our kids I bought two 2nd hand Samsung Galaxy Tab 3s. I downloaded the AppLock app which allowed me to basically turn them into kids toys. The only stuff they can access without a PIN (which they don't know) are the games I've downloaded for them, the camera and the gallery. I haven't set up accounts for them with the App Store so they can't make any in app purchases, and even if they could get that far, I have set it up to always ask for a password before payment, and again, they don't know their password.

I don't know what they're like but Amazon are selling a tablet for £50. My daughter "uses" the one I bought the missus last Christmas, a 7" Linx (about £80 I think) - some free games and the ability to watch Frozen on long car journeys and she's happy.

16GB still not loads. I have a mini that is 16GB and space still seems to get gobbled up pretty quickly.

Bought a couple of Tesco Hudls for the kids; very good parental controls.

I bought a Hudl for our kids and tbh it's now ended up as 'Daddy's tablet' because I'm the one taking it from them, I think its a brilliant bit of kit for the money and browsing isn't too painful on it either

Back