• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question If we are top of the league when we get taken over ?

duncan bulgaria

Fuzzy Wuzzy Was a Woman
Quite simple really , let’s say we get taken over and a nice injection of cash comes in at the same time we are top of the league and Kev has the boys flying

What do we do if we buy some big hitters , keep them sitting on the bench or throw them in at the expense of the likes of Coker who seems to be just what we need at present .

We know from those ITK we've missed out on some priority targets and probably won't have the cash to pay over the top fees to prize them away mid season. I reckon we'll see a mix of John Still targets from maybe the leagues below where the lure of full time football and a little cash for small clubs will be too much to turn down as well as maxing out what we are allowed in the loan market but I don't know the cap on numbers there. I suspect David Martin will be an early announcement as GK coach and player.

I reckon 5 signings - possibly one or two on loan using Stan’s contacts.

A goalkeeper (possibly David Martin as a coach who can play - a bit like Demi)

A couple of defenders

A couple of forwards

Our bench shows we’re OK for midfielders and I suspect versatile players like Taylor, Demi and Ralph will be the type we’re looking for.

Most importantly will be the character of the players - we need people who will fit in with this excellent tight-knit squad.

I don't think the players that we would sign would be players that break the bank, I believe the current model of recruiting from the NLN/NLS and players that are on the upward curve would continue to be our way.

We have an excellent spine currently, I think 4 or 5 good quality signings including a couple of loans would make us ultra competitive.

To be fair, from what I've seen so far the main priority should be to tie down the likes of Miley, Gus, Colin, Coker and a few others to longer term deals to protect their value - they have all been superb and its still a youngish team which has big potential.

I'd say another striker or two are a must given Cards is made of paper and Powell is one game Messi to five games Iain Dowie.

A couple more wide players to cover Bridge and gus and a back up keeper - keep the squad small as it seems to be working well

I reckon 5 signings - possibly one or two on loan using Stan’s contacts.

A goalkeeper (possibly David Martin as a coach who can play - a bit like Demi)

A couple of defenders

A couple of forwards

Our bench shows we’re OK for midfielders and I suspect versatile players like Taylor, Demi and Ralph will be the type we’re looking for.

Most importantly will be the character of the players - we need people who will fit in with this excellent tight-knit squad.
I think around 5 signings would be right. I’d like us to keep a relatively small squad, it worked well for the double promotion under Tilson and I believe helps to build that close knit team spirit. Of course injuries could play a part, but there’s always the loan market to fall back on.

Here’s hoping the embargo’s gone soon, I hadn’t realised it’s been over a year since we signed anyone. Just goes to show how good a job Maher’s done.

Totally trust the football department to only bring in players that will fit well with our squad both positionally and personally - the three amigos will not want to harm the team spirit but of course we can't continue for too much longer with only what we have atm.

Quite simple really , let’s say we get taken over and a nice injection of cash comes in at the same time we are top of the league and Kev has the boys flying

What do we do if we buy some big hitters , keep them sitting on the bench or throw them in at the expense of the likes of Coker who seems to be just what we need at present .
I think we already have the big hitters at the club. Gus (England C squad), Miley, Cardwell, Bridge, Lomas, Husin, Ralph. They’re all top National League players and proved that last season. Bridge and Miley possibly best players in the league when on at their best. They’ll all know they can’t play every game in a such a long and physical league. Game 1 and that tackle on Ralph showed just how quickly things can turn. We could have been looking at losing a top player and Captain after one full half of football. At the moment we just can’t deal with that. It’s depth we need and five or maybe at most six players will do that. No huge changes needed. Keep the squad neat and close knit so that we can rotate a little to keep everyone fresh but no one feel left out. Two defenders, one midfielder, keeper and a striker make up the five. . If we get six, extra midfielder I’d say. Nice to speculate on who they might be though, and hopefully some time soon it will be possible!

Very very possible and likely
i`m just waiting to see what does in court i just don`t trust the man , most of the the people i spoke to at daggers yesterday think as usual he will leave as late as possible and then pay up , being a money freak he has to keep hold of his pound notes as long as he can .

I think we already have the big hitters at the club. Gus (England C squad), Miley, Cardwell, Bridge, Lomas, Husin, Ralph. They’re all top National League players and proved that last season. Bridge and Miley possibly best players in the league when on at their best. They’ll all know they can’t play every game in a such a long and physical league. Game 1 and that tackle on Ralph showed just how quickly things can turn. We could have been looking at losing a top player and Captain after one full half of football. At the moment we just can’t deal with that. It’s depth we need and five or maybe at most six players will do that. No huge changes needed. Keep the squad neat and close knit so that we can rotate a little to keep everyone fresh but no one feel left out. Two defenders, one midfielder, keeper and a striker make up the five. . If we get six, extra midfielder I’d say. Nice to speculate on who they might be though, and hopefully some time soon it will be possible!
That tackle was right in front of where I sit and at first it looked like Nathan was badly injured - I actually had tears in my eyes at the prospect of him being sidelined again for a long period. Of course all was ok but just shows it is fine margins and we don't have any back up.

Don't want us to be taken over until we have won the league! We have a good thing going right now and the players and coaching staff are focused on the job in hand! Who remembers last season when we was winning and playing really well then the players got paid and we couldn't buy a win!

Any new arrival will have to bide their time and fit in with the current squad, but I trust the recruitment team that put this group of heroes together.
Goal keeper back up, central defender and striker probably the most important, but no “divas” to upset the mojo.

Back