• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well looking at the list of clubs now supposedly monitoring the situation with DB, a far cry from some of the clubs originally mooted, then I guess the level of interest he is genuinely generating is less than first conceived and therefore his value would mirror that. The king of Spin, the PR Prince that is PB, has not been listened to when bigging up his keeper and with it the fee.

half a million quid - plus add ons for future transfers - plus loan back til end of season (when Ted Smith becomes number 1) - Job done thanks very much!

Well looking at the list of clubs now supposedly monitoring the situation with DB, a far cry from some of the clubs originally mooted, then I guess the level of interest he is genuinely generating is less than first conceived and therefore his value would mirror that. The king of Spin, the PR Prince that is PB, has not been listened to when bigging up his keeper and with it the fee.

A house near me was sold not so long ago by sealed bid auction. By all accounts it made a whole lot more than it would have done normally.

Maybe we should do the same with Dan?

:'(

Nothing changes.

Be disappointed to get under £1million + BIG ADD ONS for Bentley.
Should really be moving to a Premiership club or his career will probably stagnate.

Disagree. If he moves to a Prem club he'll either be 2nd choice or 1st choice with a club at the wrong end of the table. The only exception would be if was loaned out to a Championship club, for example, in which case he might be better off signing for said Championship club in the first place.

Where ever he goes (if he does) he needs to make sure he's still playing week in week out, otherwise he will stagnate. I would say if he signed for a Prem club he's less likely to be playing every week.

Last edited:
I really hate to see good quality players leave, then end up sitting on the bench at a Premiership or Championship club waiting for their chance. I would like to see him stay at least until the end of this season because if we go up, we probably stand a much better chance of keeping him, if not then we should let him progress elsewhere. Every player has the right to career progression, especially him with his quality and young age. I personally think we would be lucky to get more than £500k for him, but really he's worth a whole lot more than that to us.

If he is to leave he would do well to use the Assombalonga route, move to a club where you play and earn your steps up the leagues.

I would be surprised if a Premiership club came in, and if they did he would disappear from 1st team football, after 2 seasons as first choice keeper Id think he wouldnt want that to happen.

Back