• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If you won the lottery

DTS

The Business
If you won say £10 Million on this week lottery - How much would you whack the Blues way.And what would you want for you money.

Personally I think I would give them about a mill upfront to buy a few new players and in return I would want a quartly chat with Ron & Tilly and my pick of the Bluebells.

You ?

It would depend on how much it would cost to become a Vice-President of the club, and be able to sit in the Directors bit of the East Stand with the cushions on the seats...
biggrin.gif

If I either make or win a few million I would certainly be on the phone to Ron.

However I would be wanting to contribute towards paying off Delancey and I'd want a share holding in return, with a seat on the board to be filled by an SUSCT representative. I'd probably then want some involvement in SUSCT.

Yeah I would put some the Blues way.

Not in the name a stand after me fashion, but we'd have a few more players.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Jan. 06 2006,11:50)]If I either make or win a few million I would certainly be on the phone to Ron.

However I would be wanting to contribute towards paying off Delancey and I'd want a share holding in return, with a seat on the board to be filled by an SUSCT representative. I'd probably then want some involvement in SUSCT.
You don't need a few million to be involved in the Trust
wow.gif

We are always on the lookout for new blood on the committee.

damn right - for my couple of million investment I'd want a place on the board, access all areas any time of day or night, free merchandise from the club shop for life and my own squad number!

Depends really... 1st cause is to make sure me and my family are sorted for life, but after that it would depend on the financial situation of the club.

If say, we were struggling with Debt, I'd negotiate for a chair on the board which would see me paying off the overall debt.
If Debts aren't exactly a looming disaster, like the position is now, I'd negotiate a chair on the board to sponsor the purchase of a player or two... However it'd be under my terms and the purchases would have to be run through me first...

For example: Tilson would bring me a list of targets and we'd negotiate the likely prices and benefits for the club.

In any case, i wouldn't want to be held responsible for Backroom drama like whats happening at QPR and Lincoln, and i certainly wouldn't want to be dubbed Abramovich...

...though if i won as much as he earns on interest this year safe to say the club would be sorted financially for a while
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimperstrust @ Jan. 06 2006,11:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Jan. 06 2006,11:50)]If I either make or win a few million I would certainly be on the phone to Ron.

You don't need a few million to be involved in the Trust  
wow.gif

We are always on the lookout for new blood on the committee.
thats true
biggrin.gif

however I've got limited availability to commit properly to taking on work for the trust, as I'm setting up my own business (in order to make the millions that will buy the trust a seat on the board
wink.gif
)

I'd prefer not to seek involvement until I have the time to honour that commitment properly

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Jan. 06 2006,11:45)]If you won say £10 Million on this week lottery - How much would you whack the Blues way.And what would you want for you money.

Personally I think I would give them about a mill upfront to buy a few new players and in return I would want a quartly chat with Ron & Tilly and my pick of the Bluebells.

You ?
Funnily enough Dave, I was thinking exactly the same when reading about that £9.4m that was unclaimed recently.

I'd pump money in to the club, but would want a place on the board and the opportuntiy to speak to Tilly and the players whenever I fancied it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Jan. 06 2006,11:09)]b******s to that - if I won the lottery I'd probably spend the first 50K on a secretary to respond with personally signed Fruck Off letters to all those coming begging for money.
Named Emma Bunton by any chance?

i'd sponsor all the blue belles to start with, then buy out delancey share. and then put up some money for players

Now if it was that Euro Lottery Roll over 50 odd Million or something then I might be able to make a difference.

10 mill would be a little more difficult as I am sure a "life style" would soon develop which would require income of 100k per year ! therefore, to avoid depleting the savings and running out of money 2M would have to be deposited. Once the kids have had a slice, Parents set up in comfort for the rest on their natuarl, decent house bought etc there probably wouldn't be much more than 2.5 Mill to give away and some would have to go to charity.
Personally if I were to donate to the club, I would do it via the Trust, give the Trust a million, they get the 28 pc gift aid so they can then give 1.28 Million to the club.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Jan. 06 2006,13:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Jan. 06 2006,12:43)]they get the 28 pc gift aid
Do they?  I didn't think the Trust was a charitable trust...

rock.gif

Matt
If an extra 280k was in the pipeline I am sure they pretty soon would be.....

I think you are right there Matt. Now I have thought about it IIRC they were going for it at formation but something prevented it from being viable.

In which case I would find a charity who for 50% of the Gift Aid would "launder" the money for me

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Jan. 06 2006,13:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Jan. 06 2006,13:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Jan. 06 2006,12:43)]they get the 28 pc gift aid
Do they?  I didn't think the Trust was a charitable trust...

rock.gif

Matt
If an extra 280k was in the pipeline I am sure they pretty soon would be.....

I think you are right there Matt. Now I have thought about it IIRC they were going for it at formation but something prevented it from being viable.

In which case I would find a charity who for 50% of the Gift Aid would "launder" the money for me
I'd like to give a million but I'd want to see where it was going, I trust the board to an extent but you can never trust them totally.

Back