• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Keith Mac

I coming to southend for the first time tommorow for the first time in 20 years, its a surprise for my 50th and im going to the Oxford game and will be in the North Bank, do i need to know anything , will i be able to PATG. also we arrive at stanstead at abour 7 am how long will it take me to get from there to southend any help appreciated. Some of you may know me Keith McGhie supporter of the year 1981

About an hour and a half maybe less from Stansted, you can pay on the gate at the West Stand entrance and walk around to the NB..

Welcome home and Happy Birthday. :smile:

I coming to southend for the first time tommorow for the first time in 20 years, its a surprise for my 50th and im going to the Oxford game and will be in the North Bank, do i need to know anything , will i be able to PATG. also we arrive at stanstead at abour 7 am how long will it take me to get from there to southend any help appreciated. Some of you may know me Keith McGhie supporter of the year 1981

Don't know you Keith but happy birthday and welcome home mate,come on you mighty Shrimpers.

About an hour in good traffic. Plenty of drinking time. :winking:

Have a happy birthday, lets hope you get 3pts!

Welcome back, North Bank's probably changed from what you remember but shouldn't be any issues! So, where have you been all this time?!

scotland since 1981 but followed the blues up to 83 when i ran out of money i bet the chewing gum is still plastering the steps at the old north bank enclosure

scotland since 1981 but followed the blues up to 83 when i ran out of money i bet the chewing gum is still plastering the steps at the old north bank enclosure

It probably is, with the seats bolted on top off it.

Should take an hour or so if you are driving from Stanstead, or you can get a train, but I think that goes into London. Hope the boys put on a good show for you and you go home with 3pts.

How on earth do you know about it then ? :smile:

Its changed a bit since you last came....

There is a good express coach sevice into Southend from the airport. One an hour and it cost's about £20 return i think. X30 is the one you need. Happy Birthday Keith and may you get 3 points as a bonus pressie,

It hasn't changed a bit, Keith. In fact, the chewing gum is probably still stuck in the same spot from when you last visited the North Bank. Enjoy the game, mate, and have a great birthday !!

It probably is, with the seats bolted on top off it.

Should take an hour or so if you are driving from Stanstead, or you can get a train, but I think that goes into London. Hope the boys put on a good show for you and you go home with 3pts.

Into Liverpool St so no mucking about on the tube.

we've hired a car m11 m25 a127 so as long as i dont get lost on the m25 should be ok. To be honest its more than the game its visiting where i was born the memories, parents, school, i can picture it all now and dereck spence handing me that trophy at the wolves friendly in may 81 on the pitch

Why do people make Stansted a longer word than it really is? Welcome home Keith!

Probably because they confuse the Stansted spelling with the Stanstead Abbotts version, have some workmates in Newcastle who regularly do it.
They blame it on 'awkward bloody Cockneys', I tell them that it's because they're Geordies and therefore English is a second language but I forgive them because I understand that they can't be expected to understand the delicate nuances of our common? language. :winking:

Blimey. i thought it was the wife posting. its her 50th this weekend like you she's not been to Roots Hall for 20 years & i've arranged a surprise but thats where the similarities end! Enjoy your day.

Well im back in scotland now and wanted to give my thoughts on the game and other things. Of the game it wasnt great but i thought southend defended very well and after the sometimes negative posts on Smith he played very well. the new guy from southampton had a bit of class but time will tell. southend are a big physical team but I cant help but feel it will be close wehter they can make it. some of the guys
said saturday was not one of the better proformances they have had. I thought Oxford had a great support and the fact they lost may be their last chance gone of the automatics, I was in the North bank for nostalgia in the first half hoping i would meet someone i knew but it was mainly full of kids a bit like myself in the 70's. i loved it when we scored and they pulled the black sheeting away from the seats. in the second hald i was in the West had a good view and enjoyed chatting to those around me. The ground is on its last legs for sure but it was so nostalgic for me, i was looking around thinking about past days, walking behind the west thinking about the north bank coming round looking for a half time bit of action, throwing stones at the Palace fans from the top of the south, I had a pie it was ok as i found a bit oif meat or was it horse. the stewards seemed ok having a laugh with some of the fans. the drummer must have been freezing with his top off ( he was a big lad). It was freezing i thoiught Lanarkshire was cold but it was colder than back in scotland. Went out at night had a few drinks in town and had a good smile to myself. Maybe i will do it again soon

Well im back in scotland now and wanted to give my thoughts on the game and other things. Of the game it wasnt great but i thought southend defended very well and after the sometimes negative posts on Smith he played very well. the new guy from southampton had a bit of class but time will tell. southend are a big physical team but I cant help but feel it will be close wehter they can make it. some of the guys
said saturday was not one of the better proformances they have had. I thought Oxford had a great support and the fact they lost may be their last chance gone of the automatics, I was in the North bank for nostalgia in the first half hoping i would meet someone i knew but it was mainly full of kids a bit like myself in the 70's. i loved it when we scored and they pulled the black sheeting away from the seats. in the second hald i was in the West had a good view and enjoyed chatting to those around me. The ground is on its last legs for sure but it was so nostalgic for me, i was looking around thinking about past days, walking behind the west thinking about the north bank coming round looking for a half time bit of action, throwing stones at the Palace fans from the top of the south, I had a pie it was ok as i found a bit oif meat or was it horse. the stewards seemed ok having a laugh with some of the fans. the drummer must have been freezing with his top off ( he was a big lad). It was freezing i thoiught Lanarkshire was cold but it was colder than back in scotland. Went out at night had a few drinks in town and had a good smile to myself. Maybe i will do it again soon

How about coming to Wembley with us?

Back