• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That looks incredible. What's the main thing holding the start of the building work up currently excluding actual permission from council/government?

As (from what I believe) Sainsburys will no longer be involved are we still waiting for some of the plots around Roots Hall to be bought (seem to remember something about Prospects and a take away holding things up)

Q:how do i make pictures on here bigger?

Pork it?

**you've got them as attachments. Need to add the web link on the insert image icon (2nd row)

546px-Porky_Pig.svg.png

I think the club hierarchy said that they thought the plans would be discussed in December. If so the December meeting of the Development Control Committee is on the 13th. Officers publish their report the week before which will cover everything and will be pages and pages for this sort of development. However they will recommned to Members whether they believe all the planning laws and regulations are met and whether the application should be agreed or not.

Ron Martin said at the AGM that one of the domes (there are 2) would be cut down to half length alongside the fiull one which seems to have happened. I think the plans are pretty damn good. Now let's just get the thing built before I pop off.

I think the stadium itself looks pretty dull, but the development as a whole looks fantastic, a lot of thought has gone into this.

Well, it has taken more than 30 years I suppose.

The skepticism is real and absolutely justified, but we have to suspend our disbelief and get behind it (assuming you support it of course). You can bet that the NIMBYs and anti-progress types who want Southend to somehow go back to 1954 when people still shopped in High Streets etc will be out in force.

Some of those adults were babies in the original artist impressions!

Not sure about those team formations and why are they predicting Oxley will break his elbow again.

Back