• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ING Direct

Andy_S

Member of the Barry Corr Fan Club
Good people of the Zone.

Has anybody used or do use ING Direct for anything? Thinking of opening a Savings Account with them as they seem to give the best interest in these tight times, but nobody I know has had any dealings with them... As I know there's a fair few finance type people on here I thought I'd gauge opinions.

Any opinions on them? Green is on offer for help. ;)

Cheers!

I like them, I opened a savings account for my daughter with them when she was born.
Very easy to setup, website very user friendly too. Shame their interest rates aren't as good as they were 5 years ago but they are seemingly creeping back up again.
Go for it!

I've found no faults but haven't found anything to get excited about either.

Good solid company who deliver on customer services and on product, I guess thats all you can ask for really.

A steady 8 out ot 10 from me with no complaints.

Used them a fair bit. Dutch Internet Bank you money is secure, they have a call centre based in Reading I think if you get stuck your money is covered by the FSCS - My tip is save away......Oh and dont forget your ISA allowance of £5100......Use it first ...

Yep, I've already got an ISA with Santander and I'd heard about the new allowance. I've just sold my car, so it will be very useful that they've upped it.

If your looking to grow the capital then the Cash ISA element is largely a waste of time as with inflation as it is your not going to see any real growth.

You might be better (and im not giving advice here) but might be better to use the Investment Allowance which assuming you have used this years allowance is £5100.

Personaly I HATE ING Direct - everytime I see the word ING I keep thinking some letters should be infront of it!!

Dull I know but ING actually stands for Internationale Nederlands Group, Much the same as the LTSB abreviation was used for years.

Last edited:
Dull I know but ING actually stands for Internationale Nederlands Group, Much the same as the LTSB abreviation was used for years.
LTSB stood for Internationale Nederlands Group as well? Could've made that a bit clearer.....

Back