• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Interesting questions

Sorry AS, but some of your facts on Hitler are quite slanted. Firstly the employment rates rose not only due to pushing women back into the home but also because he did CREATE many more job opportunities for the classes who had been pushed into unemployment by the Weimar Government and the unfortunatly timed worldly economic collapse. Through local inititives, the drive for war and national public help schemes he was able to dramatically increase emploment legtimatly. Now im not saying the figures werent corrupt - dear God they were! By cutting Jews out of employment, not counting women as workers etc etc he managed to graft the figures for his own propaganda purposes

As for the Economy...its unfair to push it all onto the Mefo bills and to be honest his economics minister deserves a lot more praise for this success. And yes you are right to say he solved his economic crisis that came from his war drive by utilising other nations resources...but at the end of the day that was part of his own plan all along and although it is compeltly warped and inhumane at the end of the day it was a sturdy plan which only started to fail following the prolonging of WW2.

As for comparing Hitler to the leaders you mention below...you cant possibly compare them to 1930's Germany which was far more advanced, educated and experienced that all the nations you name. ALthough WW1 and the collaspe in the economy undoubedly made it easier to mould the people at the end of the day it was still an unmatched modern day achievement.

Now i agree Hitler was detestable in his policies and ideologies...but to question his political genius is ridiculous. I concede his judgement wavered after 1942, but the fact remains he had constructed an administration able to cope with the ultimate tragic scenario; if its leader was to lose form. The constant strugle for power between his ministers meant Hitler rarely had to make decisions himself and although he started taking things into his own hands near his end (which only furthered Germany's downfall) it cannot be denied the radical growth of the Nazi party and the strong, vigiliant state he attached itself to was the achievement of a century.

The sad thing is, if he wasnt so warped he may well have created a European country capable of leading the way in the 20th century.

Sorry AS, but some of your facts on Hitler are quite slanted. Firstly the employment rates rose not only due to pushing women back into the home but also because he did CREATE many more job opportunities for the classes who had been pushed into unemployment by the Weimar Government and the unfortunatly timed worldly economic collapse. Through local inititives, the drive for war and national public help schemes he was able to dramatically increase emploment legtimatly. Now im not saying the figures werent corrupt - dear God they were! By cutting Jews out of employment, not counting women as workers etc etc he managed to graft the figures for his own propaganda purposes

As for the Economy...its unfair to push it all onto the Mefo bills and to be honest his economics minister deserves a lot more praise for this success. And yes you are right to say he solved his economic crisis that came from his war drive by utilising other nations resources...but at the end of the day that was part of his own plan all along and although it is compeltly warped and inhumane at the end of the day it was a sturdy plan which only started to fail following the prolonging of WW2.

As for comparing Hitler to the leaders you mention below...you cant possibly compare them to 1930's Germany which was far more advanced, educated and experienced that all the nations you name. ALthough WW1 and the collaspe in the economy undoubedly made it easier to mould the people at the end of the day it was still an unmatched modern day achievement.

Now i agree Hitler was detestable in his policies and ideologies...but to question his political genius is ridiculous. I concede his judgement wavered after 1942, but the fact remains he had constructed an administration able to cope with the ultimate tragic scenario; if its leader was to lose form. The constant strugle for power between his ministers meant Hitler rarely had to make decisions himself and although he started taking things into his own hands near his end (which only furthered Germany's downfall) it cannot be denied the radical growth of the Nazi party and the strong, vigiliant state he attached itself to was the achievement of a century.

The sad thing is, if he wasnt so warped he may well have created a European country capable of leading the way in the 20th century.

Albeit, i would more than love to get in to a really good debate over this subject, i am fearful of getting accused of being like a "Dog with a bone" so I will just stick to my previous comments and views and leave it at that mate

But very good and well balanced reply I must say, albeit a little inaccurate!!

Haha the essay on this topic got me into my current Uni so i know how much debate can come up on this topic...hence why books are still being produced on it all the time

Haha the essay on this topic got me into my current Uni so i know how much debate can come up on this topic...hence why books are still being produced on it all the time

Would love to debate it more mate....but not on here. Some were less policed by "the you can not debate to much" folk!!

It is a bloody interesting subject but so much of it can be subjective regards the factual material that is being submitted.

Thats the problem. You can select and de-select whatever takes your fancy...and even then half the evidence is corrupt. Still makes it all the more fun i suppose

As the question was who would you elect, at the point of Election Hitler had not committed any atrocities so he could rightly be considered a War hero.
However given the powers of hindsight.....

I like the great politician debate, although I tend to err on the side of supreme manipulator of a broken country still suffering after a massive depression, unbeliveable inflation, outside influences and a complete loss of identity

If there was no Hitler, where whould Sparks have got their image ideas from??? :tumbleweed:

He was most certainly a despicable man but was he worse than either Stalin or Mao (both of whom are actually responsible for more deaths during their reigns of terror.

It always amuses me that the left's murderous monsters are always portrayed to be less evil than the right's

Was Pinochet more evil than Castro

Was Franco badder than Kim Il Jong

Was Mussollini madder than Ho Chi Minh

Who would you place in an all time top 5 despotic, megolomaniacidal monster league??????

I think some of these chaps might make it on to the list

Omar al-Bashir, Sudan
Kim Jong-il, North Korea
Than Shwe, Burma
Robert Mugabe, Zimbabwe
Saddam Hussein, Iraq
Islam Karimov, Uzbekistan
Hu Jintao, China.
King Abdullah, Saudi Arabia
Saparmurat Niyazov, Turkmenistan
Seyed Ali Khamane’i, Iran
Teodoro Obiang Nguema, Equatorial Guinea

As supposedly lefty as I am, Stalin was far more bloodthirsty than Hitler. I read somewhere that the population of Eastern Europe is 60 Million down on what is should be due to him.

Last edited:
As supposedly lefty as I am, Stalin was far more bloodthirsty than Hitler. I read somewhere that the population of Eastern Europe is 60 Million down on what is should be due to him.

Well think of the drain on the global economy and the greenhouse emmissions that bit of premtive eco culling saved then.

Anyway 60 Million eastern europeans would be far to much for the infra structure of Peterborough to take

Well think of the drain on the global economy and the greenhouse emmissions that bit of premtive eco culling saved then.

Anyway 60 Million eastern europeans would be far to much for the infra structure of Peterborough to take

But we'd never be short of a butternut squash, eh?

I think some of these chaps might make it on to the list

Omar al-Bashir, Sudan
Kim Jong-il, North Korea
Than Shwe, Burma
Robert Mugabe, Zimbabwe
Saddam Hussein, Iraq
Islam Karimov, Uzbekistan
Hu Jintao, China.
King Abdullah, Saudi Arabia
Saparmurat Niyazov, Turkmenistan
Seyed Ali Khamane’i, Iran
Teodoro Obiang Nguema, Equatorial Guinea