• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Phil Brown now leave?

• Yes

Votes: 233 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 53 14.9%
  • 3 more games

Votes: 69 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not negative well what is then 6 at the back and no strikers on bench
Still dont see negative tactics.
We have been told for ages his tactics were negative because we played one up front, we dont even do that anymore. Really not seeing how his tactics are negative.

What I see is poor performances, simple as that, and thats enough.

Out of interest, who do you replace Brown with?

Someone with experience at this level and can give them the confidence once more. Someone the fans will like.

Knowing Martin always goes for a out of work manager atm and someone who has not had a job for a while... it would be someone like Gary Megson.

Yes. It's time for him to go. Well I suppose 6 months ago was the right time, but we seem to be delaying the inevitable for no benefit. Terrible manager who benefitted from a good L2 squad built up by others.

Not negative well what is then 6 at the back and no strikers on bench

We have had people on here saying we should switch to 352 at its an attacking formation. We have played 442 most of the season anyway.

Having no strikers on the bench isn't negative tactics, its poor recruitment (and a slice of bad luck).

And, predictably, several other "Brown out" type threads are started..... :facepalm:

FWIW, I feel he must be on very thin ice now and that the fat lady is warming up her vocal chords. Shame, as I don't have anything against him. Something is stopping us attracting players in and something is also preventing us getting the best out of those we do have. End of the month for me and if no improvement, then it's a case of so long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, adieu.

First point is clear: We cannot attract players as we have a '2 Bob' chairman, who won't cut his losses and call it a day. Sell the club, or just give it away to someone who can take the club forward. The club is a disgrace, no money, no new stadium, always being chased by the taxman, and not keeping our best players under contract, the business end is a joke. RM out !

The second point, PB is to blame - he has, it would now seem, lost the ability to tactically set our team out, and raise the player morale. Compared to most league 1 clubs we have a very poor squad, but we should be doing a lot better than 2nd bottom of league 1. PB out !

We need a fresh approach, or this club will die. RM and PB are clearly not them and these two narcissistic men must go, they're as thick as thieves and are ruining SUFC.

First point is clear: We cannot attract players as we have a '2 Bob' chairman, who won't cut his losses and call it a day. Sell the club, or just give it away to someone who can take the club forward. The club is a disgrace, no money, no new stadium, always being chased by the taxman, and not keeping our best players under contract, the business end is a joke. RM out !

The second point, PB is to blame - he has, it would now seem, lost the ability to tactically set our team out, and raise the player morale. Compared to most league 1 clubs we have a very poor squad, but we should be doing a lot better than 2nd bottom of league 1. PB out !

We need a fresh approach, or this club will die. RM and PB are clearly not them and these two narcissistic men must go, they're as thick as thieves and are ruining SUFC.

Whilst I get what you are saying, if most league one clubs have better squads than us why should we be doing better? :smile:

As for Southend not attracting players, when have we ever been able to attract players? The only attraction we have ever had is the league we play in, Ron has plenty of faults but even if we had no debts that would still be the same.

WE did still manage to attract 8 players and the likes of Cox from the league above.

We have had people on here saying we should switch to 352 at its an attacking formation. We have played 442 most of the season anyway.

Having no strikers on the bench isn't negative tactics, its poor recruitment (and a slice of bad luck).

We got thumped, no two ways about it, but Mooney missed a golden chance at 0-0 and for the first 20 in the second half we had plenty of pots at goal without hitting the target it seems.

The thing that concerns me is there seemed no cohesion at all.

Clarky normally calls things right and he was running out of positives.

A really bad day at the office.

If PB wants to turn this around, he really has to sort out what his best team is and fast.

I would never call for a Managers departure and will stick by Brown and the team. It is a fair point about injuries, Ferdinand , Ranger, Timlin, Wordsworth, Innis( in particular if we could get him back) are pretty good players..We may struggle for a while but with my rose tints I believe we will pick up. Ron wont take the blame though and 3 more bad performances in a row and I suspect its axe and neck time. I will still be there in January with the other 2,500 supporting the team and wishing Brown good fortune

We've brought in injured unfit players, one who has gone to prison (brown maybe didn't know anything about that) and there's no fight in the players, his blaming players for now caring and it's clearly obvious to everyone now he doesn't command any respect from the players. His time has come after a defeat like that. I'd rather had not signed Ferdinand and Cox and paid Browns contract off now I think. Mr Ego doesn't have my support anymore unfortunately. Excuse after excuse and I've had enough of it. I've always said brown will make it back to the premiership one day as a number one. Now even I think I was delusional to even think it was possible he could even make it there as a assistant. Judge him after the window he said, now it's wait for players to be fit... Next time it will be wait for the team to gel, then it will be too late and we'll be struggling to get out of a relegation battle. He has to go now. Thanks for the promotion but times up.

Have not checked the stats but I would think Brown's recent record is far worse than the latter stages of Sturrok's reign here. And Ron sacked him.

I would be surprised if Martin isn't lining up a replacement.

Back