• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why on earth is Jamie Ohara being talked about and used as evidence of anything?

Whatever Shaq is on now we would have agreed to pay X amount of it, even if he was on 5k a week we wouldnt necessarily agreed to pay all of it if he doesnt pay.

And the bottom line is even if the money we have to pay is more than we want or are ableto, we can always send him back, we arent forced to keep him here.

I think some on here thought Shaq was on a relatively low wage in the region of a few hundred pounds,I used the JO situation to show Shaq would be IMO on far more than many thought especially with him turning out for the first team.

If you were Ron and Shaq was free of charge as long as he plays with you still as Ron tell the manager not to play him which may well cost you a large amount or insist he plays for the amount of time agreed with Spurs so he costs you nothing.

No I agree, Id say he was on 1k+ even as a youth player there.

Even so Ron wants promotion as much as us, he wouldnt tell Phil to play a player solely based on saving the salary if he thought it would damage that.

Our finances arent as bad as they were, we paid 25k for Bolger after all, and if we really didnt want to play him and didnt want to pay there is a break clause, so we just send him back.

No I agree, Id say he was on 1k+ even as a youth player there.

Even so Ron wants promotion as much as us, he wouldnt tell Phil to play a player solely based on saving the salary if he thought it would damage that.

Our finances arent as bad as they were, we paid 25k for Bolger after all, and if we really didnt want to play him and didnt want to pay there is a break clause, so we just send him back.

If Ron truly wanted promotion then the signing of certain players should have been the sole discretion of the first team manager,Don't you agree?

I think team spirit can suffer , although only slight potential link to the contract in question .One of the main benefits of being sent out on loan is to gain experience of regular , in this case, league football at an Adult level. It seems Shaq may not have experienced a barren spell before? This brings its own pressures especially in league 2 where wages are not huge.

Part of the learning must be to have some hairy ars.d Centre back , grab the 20 year old twinkletoes, shoving him up against the dressing room wall and delivering an almighty bo.l.ck..g for getting things wrong, or perhaps more importantly , costing the win bonus, when you have a family and mortgage to pay! Please dont tell me this doesnt happen or it is not good for the learning curve? Apologies to Prosser, no offence intended, I think someone on hear said Pross had a few things to say to Shaq on the pitch against Oxford that might not have been nice> In time though this CAN effect Team Morale, more than the Contract, and I am sure it is something Managers would keep a close eye on

If Ron truly wanted promotion then the signing of certain players should have been the sole discretion of the first team manager,Don't you agree?

Ron signs certain players because he thinks that will help get promotion.

Whether its right or not has no bearing on what he wants to achieve.

Those players you allude to are normally our biggest earners as well, then they dont play. So that doesnt sit very well with the theory about Coulthirst.

Ron signs certain players because he thinks that will help get promotion.

Whether its right or not has no bearing on what he wants to achieve.

So Ron know's more about players than the man he actually pays ?

Did Ron even ask for their advice,What if he did and the manager said they don't fit into my plans and you are wasting the budget on players I don't want.

So Ron know's more about players than the man he actually pays ?

Did Ron even ask for their advice,What if he did and the manager said they don't fit into my plans and you are wasting the budget on players I don't want.

Never said he does and never defended it.

His actions may well not help the manager, but that doesnt mean he doesnt do it because he thinks it will help us get promoted.

Never said he does and never defended it.

His actions may well not help the manager, but that doesnt mean he doesnt do it because he thinks it will help us get promoted.

In fairness,

The owner employs his manager to obtain results,The manager wants his own players without his budget being used on guys who rarely play or will not better the team.

Maybe Ron should become the gaffer?

Jam_Man if you are going to moderate then I suggest you do it consistently, this whole thread is a complete and utter joke, the correct action would have been to close it days ago, it has been left to run and some of us have tried to inject a little light hearted humour. As for LAST WARNING, really ?

Ive only joined the thread recently, whatever has happened in the past is done, keep it on topic now.

What might be light humour for you is irritation for others.

In fairness,

The owner employs his manager to obtain results,The manager wants his own players without his budget being used on guys who rarely play or will not better the team.

Maybe Ron should become the gaffer?

Again, not disagreeing with that point so not sure why you are still discussing it, has nothing to do with this thread.

images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back