• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is this a bet you can't lose?

art1225

With the Euro's here, you may have noticed lots of free bet offers being given out by the bookmakers. These free bets can actually be turned into money by placing bets on all outcomes of a football match by using a method called matched betting.

You can currently get an amazon kindle book for free called Matched Betting Made Easy that will quickly show you how you can turn your share of free bets into money (Free until 14th June):
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01FUI9ML4

There is an example that is updated regularly that you can just copy and do for yourself to make around £50 if you are completely new to this:
http://www.onlinebettingschool.com/how-to-bet-online/matched-betting/matched-betting-example/

Bet365 have an offer so that you place a bet before the England game then place an in play bet. If the in Play bet loses you get the money back.

I've placed £50 on Under 2.5 goals at 13/20 with returns of £82.50. Then place an in play bet of £50 on over 2.5 goals, currently at 27/20 which returns £117.50

If the in play wins, £17.50 in profit, if the pre-match bet wins, you get £82.50 plus your £50 in play bet back that lost so that's
£132.50, £32.50 profit.

I reckon they will do it for all England games so risk free profit to be made.

They also do this offer over the season on Champions League games. Max bet is £50 so put £100 into your Bet365 account at the start of the season, do your risk free bets all season, withdraw a nice sum at the end of the season

Bet365 have an offer so that you place a bet before the England game then place an in play bet. If the in Play bet loses you get the money back.

I've placed £50 on Under 2.5 goals at 13/20 with returns of £82.50. Then place an in play bet of £50 on over 2.5 goals, currently at 27/20 which returns £117.50

If the in play wins, £17.50 in profit, if the pre-match bet wins, you get £82.50 plus your £50 in play bet back that lost so that's
£132.50, £32.50 profit.

They also do this offer over the season on Champions League games. Max bet is £50 so put £100 into your Bet365 account at the start of the season, do your risk free bets all season, withdraw a nice sum at the end of the season

I see you are already a bit of pro at matched betting Dave ;)

Sounds like you're all set for tonight's match. Let's hope they keep giving out the in play bets for every England match.

Any other offers you know about for existing account holders?

I've done them with Paddy Power and Coral have pretty good regular offers as well.

I see you are already a bit of pro at matched betting Dave ;)

Sounds like you're all set for tonight's match. Let's hope they keep giving out the in play bets for every England match.

Any other offers you know about for existing account holders?

I've done them with Paddy Power and Coral have pretty good regular offers as well.

Bet365 have the in play offer for the Wales v England game too

Yeah, I saw this too. Nice extra £30 profit, thanks bet365!

Yep, £32.50 up and ill have another go against Wales. Double chance is only 1/4 but a draw is 3/1

Im tempted with the double chance pre-match. I know it will only bring £12.50 profit but if the in play bet of the draw comes in, and i think they are generous odds, as long as those odd hold until kick off, it's a possible £100 profit

Yep, £32.50 up and ill have another go against Wales. Double chance is only 1/4 but a draw is 3/1

Im tempted with the double chance pre-match. I know it will only bring £12.50 profit but if the in play bet of the draw comes in, and i think they are generous odds, as long as those odd hold until kick off, it's a possible £100 profit

I only ever stick with the straight matched betting stuff to be honest. I can't quite follow what you are saying, but it sounds good!

BWin have a similar offer on as Bet365 for the England vs Wales match. It's bet £50 for a free £50 in play bet. If the in play bet loses, you get £50 back as a free bet (Instead of cash, like bet365). Still some good value in it though if you haven't seen it yet.

For me, a different to approach the bet365 offer is...

£50 on over 0.5 goals, thus earning yourself the free bet
£7(ish) on no goalscorer

So your worst case scenario is a loss of a couple of quid.

Then you've got £50 free to be a bit more ballsy with. E.g. have a go at correct score bet for a bit of a juicy win. No guaranteed win, but much more fun.

For me, a different to approach the bet365 offer is...

£50 on over 0.5 goals, thus earning yourself the free bet
£7(ish) on no goalscorer

So your worst case scenario is a loss of a couple of quid.

Then you've got £50 free to be a bit more ballsy with. E.g. have a go at correct score bet for a bit of a juicy win. No guaranteed win, but much more fun.

This is a neat little approach to take. I'm obviously just way to risk averse and just like taking the guaranteed profit.

Any ideas yet to what you'll take your £50 free bet punt on for the England vs Wales game?

Bwin have pretty much the same £50 inplay offer for the England vs Wales match. Worth about £25 profit or so if you get to read this before the match.

They may be more, I haven't had time to look yet.

Bwin have pretty much the same £50 inplay offer for the England vs Wales match. Worth about £25 profit or so if you get to read this before the match.

They may be more, I haven't had time to look yet.

Wish I'd read this before the game, i'd have gone the same with Bwin.

I actually bottled out at 87 mins and cashed out the draw at £138 for which being a bottler sometimes pays off. I held with the double chance as the cash out was only £5 at the time but the Sturridge goal meant i took £62.50 from the Double Chance too so £100 outlay doubled the profit today.

I urge everyone to give this a go next England game and I'll also check Bwin for it too

Wish I'd read this before the game, i'd have gone the same with Bwin.

I actually bottled out at 87 mins and cashed out the draw at £138 for which being a bottler sometimes pays off. I held with the double chance as the cash out was only £5 at the time but the Sturridge goal meant i took £62.50 from the Double Chance too so £100 outlay doubled the profit today.

I urge everyone to give this a go next England game and I'll also check Bwin for it too

Nice work mate! Great result.

Coral are giving out daily £10 free bets as well if you fancy that.

£132.50, £32.50 profit.

be careful. make sure you put on some other bets. this is actually against their T&C's although the affiliates do promote this and it is widely accepted that it works - if you make up an account just for this you will probably be suspended.

be careful. make sure you put on some other bets. this is actually against their T&C's although the affiliates do promote this and it is widely accepted that it works - if you make up an account just for this you will probably be suspended.

Thanks for the advice. I have had an account with bet365 for well over a year and I've bet quite a lot before this offer came along but I will still place the odd bet to keep them happy

Edit - Took your advice a placed an in-play bet on a 2-2 draw between the Czech Republic and Croatia

Last edited:
Any ideas yet to what you'll take your £50 free bet punt on for the England vs Wales game?

FWIW, I backed Wales/Draw in the double chance market as some kind of emotional hedge. When Sturridge scored, losing £55 really didn't matter :smile:

I'm greedy I put £50 on the likely scenario eg England win and then the risk free £50 on Smalling 1st scorer at 28/1 will do the same tonight

Is Bet365 doing the in-play bet thing for tonight? I've not had normal email from them??

Back