• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Jack Bridge Signs

SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown feels Jack Bridge is returning to Roots Hall a different player from when he departed.

Read more on this story

Help with Echo links
So is Jack that final part of the first team coaching staff? "And Brown is pleased to have the attacking manager back on board. "For sure Jack is returning a different player,” said the Shrimpers boss."

Reactions: RHB
Delighted to have him back, I was one of those who rated him when he was here previously. He had some good moments and he had some bad - usually in teams that were unsettled or unbalanced. Rated him very highly when he was in the youth team.

Which manager of ours was it who let him go, I can't remember?

Which manager of ours was it who let him go, I can't remember?

The one who was spot on and got money for him?

JB is another good example of a young player being overrated to young. Maybe agents don't help and fans who think Chelmsford means L1.

I watched Jack playing and training and there is no other word for it he looked lazy. He didn't fancy it at all v Billericay in that Senior cup game Just like Pigott I hope he has learnt the hard way that talent and hard work gets you a lot further than just talent.

That said I welcome him back and he will get my full support. He even fits nicely into the age group that guarantee you success.

They could get a full time job (with plenty of overtime available) on Shrimperzone.
True, but would they work for nothing?:Unsure:

I do sometimes want to make a few corrections, but that would be wrong because what is posted showcases the poster, warts and all, and at the end of the day it's the message that's most important, not the delivery.

This signing has me puzzling about what PB says JB now has to offer and what he didn't have when PB oversaw his departure to Northampton? The last time I saw JB was at Northampton in the dining room when he was introduced to the home diners (plus us Blues fans) as the new signing from Southend, who Town had just beaten in a drab game which was to be the penultimate game for PB before Ron got out his axe after the dispiriting home defeat to Fleetwood. I make plain immediately that I cannot recall seeing JB play for Blues
But what evidence does PB have to back up his assertions about the returning Jack? Watching videos/talking to other coaches or managers/gut feeling? Or is it a case of being local and available cheaply? Let's hope that Phil has his optimism amply rewarded on the pitch. What I am really looking forward to is his choice about new strikers, the department where we need some seriously good input.
And a final thought. How is the tearing up of contracts going Phil?

True, but would they work for nothing?:Unsure:

I do sometimes want to make a few corrections, but that would be wrong because what is posted showcases the poster, warts and all, and at the end of the day it's the message that's most important, not the delivery.
Call me pedantic, but to me a way of demonstrating how much thought goes into a comment, is in its accuracy in terms of grammar, comprehension etc. And please don't ask me what I would like to do to the person who invented predictive text, the ultimate in lazy writing.

Call me pedantic, but to me a way of demonstrating how much thought goes into a comment, is in its accuracy in terms of grammar, comprehension etc. And please don't ask me what I would like to do to the person who invented predictive text, the ultimate in lazy writing.

Pedants don't start sentences with a conjunction.

I am going to hang fire before I decry this signing, He did only spend a season at Northampton and Carlisle which suggests they didn't see too much in him - possibly has the talent but not the work ethic. I am hoping at his age he realises he needs to work hard otherwise his 12 months with us might well be all he gets

I am going to hang fire before I decry this signing, He did only spend a season at Northampton and Carlisle which suggests they didn't see too much in him - possibly has the talent but not the work ethic. I am hoping at his age he realises he needs to work hard otherwise his 12 months with us might well be all he gets

He was offered a second year at Carlisle to be fair.

Jack turned it down as he wanted to come back down south, and as you can tell, Carlisle is as northern as it gets.

32 ganes foir Northampton and 28 games for Carlisle, suggest he is now a far better player than the one Brown released. Confirmed by Cartlisle offering a new contract,which he declined.

H
People are only expressing opinions, dont think anything out of order has been said?

Its pretty simple anyway isnt it. If hes good the fans will like him, if hes rubbish they wont. Im sure all footballers know this...
[/QUOTE]
Once a player signs for us all I ask is they give their all.
I may have reservations about a signing which I may or not express on here but once they have joined us as long as they try their best I will not be quibbling.
I think most on here would feel the same.

Back