• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Didn't set the world alight with his loan to Notts County, and the fans didn't rate him at all. Had a poor scoring record for them. Seemed O.K. before that tho. He's a chunkier Barry Corr type. Unlike Corr, just hope we let him venture into the penalty box, or he won't score and fans will be on his and Phil Brown's back.

Didn't set the world alight with his loan to Notts County, and the fans didn't rate him at all. Had a poor scoring record for them. Seemed O.K. before that tho. He's a chunkier Barry Corr type. Unlike Corr, just hope we let him venture into the penalty box, or he won't score and fans will be on his and Phil Brown's back.
He has got to get us 10-15 goals to get us up .

I work with a mate who's a Wolves season ticket holder -- when i asked him if Cassidy is any good ..... In his words " he'll do ok if you lump in some high balls to him!"

Sounds perfect for our style of play :winking:

Just been told by a Tranmere fan where he had three loan spells.
He is a confidence player.
First spell he was brilliant, got called back by Wolves to sit on the bench for 3 months.
Next spells totally different player and lacked confidence.
Lets hope we get him as in first spell at Tranmere.

Just been told by a Tranmere fan where he had three loan spells.
He is a confidence player.
First spell he was brilliant, got called back by Wolves to sit on the bench for 3 months.
Next spells totally different player and lacked confidence.
Lets hope we get him as in first spell at Tranmere.

Not trying to be defenvie or negative, but when you hear comments like this and some made by Notts County fans it does make you wonder what PB has seen in this lad another youngster to go with Piggott/coulthirst that makes him think that they will provide the goals that this side desperately needs. The two new lads need game time and hopefully like Britt once they get one goal they might go on a run. Interesting that PB also said that he hopes to bring back Lee if possible. Will we not then be overloaded with young inexperienced strikers and two crocks in Barney and Corr?

He very clearly states in his first interview that he chose us over Lge 1 clubs because of PB's drive and ambition, although not that impressed with PB this season at all you can't deny his enthusiasm is infectious and he is still a "name" despite managing in lge 2, let's hope it wasn't all waffle that he gave Jake and can get him firing on all cylinders, could be a very good move for all concerned.

Do you think this means BBBC days are numbered? For sure they can't all play. Maybe cameo substitute appearances when he is fit. This will be a shame because he helps out a lot at the back from corners, and will be missed in my view. Still onwards and upwards .

If Corr does not get game time now, one could understand if he feels a blt let down, when he maybe has sacrificed himself on the alter of PBs only one up, with his back to goal.

If Corr does not get game time now, one could understand if he feels a blt let down, when he maybe has sacrificed himself on the alter of PBs only one up, with his back to goal.
Or he may wonder why most of his free headers tamely miss the target. Perhaps he will think about being clean through v Cambridge or his missed chances facing goal against Dagenham. Sorry forgot myself for a minute, none of that happened because PB is so negative.

He once scored a hat-trick against Col Ewe - what's not to like?!!!

[video=youtube;hIjYtIa9As8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIjYtIa9As8[/video]

I think if he is of the Corr stature he could like up well with jackie payne

Didn't realise that Jack had a sister for Cassidy to like! Maybe that is why he turned down Div 1 clubs. Stranger things have happened.

Not trying to be defenvie or negative, but when you hear comments like this and some made by Notts County fans it does make you wonder what PB has seen in this lad another youngster to go with Piggott/coulthirst that makes him think that they will provide the goals that this side desperately needs. The two new lads need game time and hopefully like Britt once they get one goal they might go on a run. Interesting that PB also said that he hopes to bring back Lee if possible. Will we not then be overloaded with young inexperienced strikers and two crocks in Barney and Corr?
I've heard from a fairly direct source that Barnard has been offered a 2 year contract by Stevenage,and only injury will stop this going ahead!

Or he may wonder why most of his free headers tamely miss the target. Perhaps he will think about being clean through v Cambridge or his missed chances facing goal against Dagenham. Sorry forgot myself for a minute, none of that happened because PB is so negative.

I didn't say he was the answer to our scoring problem, it is quite clear BC wasn't. Im as happy as the next fan that we have new guys coming, but there is no doubt he was asked to play in a certain way on his own up front, which cant have helped his overall game, now if these new guys come good, and I hope they do, BC will take a back seat, I cant see him being happy about that.

Corr has run himself into the ground for the team this season and literally played through the pain barrier. I can imagine that he'll appreciate the support and will still be used as one of a group of strikers as opposed to pretty much being it - especially with cold hard pitches likely over the next couple of months.

I've heard from a fairly direct source that Barnard has been offered a 2 year contract by Stevenage,and only injury will stop this going ahead!

This would explain why he wasn't on the list of players told to fin another club.

Back