• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jakub Sokolik

Source?

Not too sure about this if true. I thought he was poor when we had him back on loan this season.

Source?

Not too sure about this if true. I thought he was poor when we had him back on loan this season.

Sorry to single you out as others have said the same thing about Sokolik looking poor. I don't think he looked poor, I don't think he looked great either but I can only recall him making 2 starts before his injury (wikipedia would appear to confirm this) after a long run of not playing so I'm not sure it's a great barometer.
For me he was strong and commanding but also had the ability to play out from the back which is something we are missing. Would love him back.

Indeed, he barely had chance to get going.

I always thought Egan was the better of the two, but they made a cultured pairing.

Sorry to single you out as others have said the same thing about Sokolik looking poor. I don't think he looked poor, I don't think he looked great either but I can only recall him making 2 starts before his injury (wikipedia would appear to confirm this) after a long run of not playing so I'm not sure it's a great barometer.
For me he was strong and commanding but also had the ability to play out from the back which is something we are missing. Would love him back.
Get him here, get him fit, watch him dominate. Sokolik and Bolger under the watchful eye of Adam, awesome!!

Indeed, he barely had chance to get going.

I always thought Egan was the better of the two, but they made a cultured pairing.

Egan got Gilligham's POTY and fans' POTY. Fair to say he could be playing at a higher level next season.

Was a poor challenge by Sokolik but I wasn't sure it was a red, though, technically I guess he was off the ground.

Bet he's kicking himself that he opted to join Yeovil instead of us at the end of the 2013/14 season! Shouldn't have let his Agent influence his heart.

When Sokolik joined Yeovil in June 2014, I did wrote on Shrimperzone that Yeovil will struggle and go down, over a year and a half later, look like I am right!

In the recent past I've always been an advocate of Sokolik coming back to the club, but now I am a bit ambivalent one way or another. I actually reckon we have a very useful set of centre backs who have come on leaps and bounds.

Back