• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

good move for peanut IMO... was never quite good enough for us IMO but i wish the lad well

Just been on the BBC Website and it has him as Justin Lawson in the transfer list.

He struggled to make an impact at Dagenham last season so perhaps starting off at a lesser conference club will do him good. Good luck to him.

Good luck - Looked such a good prospect at first but it never really happened after that burst. Think he could make a good living out the game if he got his head down.

We'll see, I'm sure BFJ and Glenn can turn him into a decent player...:minger:

No really, they can.....

Honest....

:thump:

he is a good player IMO and i would have thought that the conference was his level but obviously not!

Not surprised at this, he was hardly a massive hit at Dagenham and they were a conference club at the top of the league - if he couldn't succeed there then he was always going to find it hard at struggling Grays.

I'd be surprised if he gets too many games at Chelmo either, as they have some decent strikers there and are hardly struggling for goals this season.

We'll see, I'm sure BFJ and Glenn can turn him into a decent player...:minger:

Didn't realise Glenn was there as well, Adrian. So, how's the season going? I see you're top at the mo, although the Staines Massiv' can overhaul you at the top of the league if they win their game in hand. How has the season panned out so far, and does the Conference South beckon next season...?

Matt

Didn't realise Glenn was there as well, Adrian. So, how's the season going? I see you're top at the mo, although the Staines Massiv' can overhaul you at the top of the league if they win their game in hand. How has the season panned out so far, and does the Conference South beckon next season...?

Matt

Yep, Glenn Pennyfather is there, the set up is pretty much the same as when they were at Canvey. As we're top, I can hardly complain, but there have been one or two insipid displays away from home, which is what it was like last year when we pretty much stuffed everyone at Melbourne Park but couldn't mix it on the bumpy pitches elsewhere. We have looked a trifle nervous at times until the first goal goes in, however, we do seem tougher this year, as we've also ground out a couple of results when not playing well (Harlow springs to mind). The defence is definitely better, and attacking we aren't short of goals even though we only have one fully fit striker (Bertie Brayley). That's probably why Lawson's been brought in. Ricky Holmes is having another great season so far, but mainly from the wing as we still often play a 4-5-1 formation, even at home. Conf south should beckon, but I am a pessimist so I can't say for sure, we ought to have done it last year......:rolleyes:

Yep, Glenn Pennyfather is there, the set up is pretty much the same as when they were at Canvey. As we're top, I can hardly complain, but there have been one or two insipid displays away from home, which is what it was like last year when we pretty much stuffed everyone at Melbourne Park but couldn't mix it on the bumpy pitches elsewhere. We have looked a trifle nervous at times until the first goal goes in, however, we do seem tougher this year, as we've also ground out a couple of results when not playing well (Harlow springs to mind). The defence is definitely better, and attacking we aren't short of goals even though we only have one fully fit striker (Bertie Brayley). That's probably why Lawson's been brought in. Ricky Holmes is having another great season so far, but mainly from the wing as we still often play a 4-5-1 formation, even at home. Conf south should beckon, but I am a pessimist so I can't say for sure, we ought to have done it last year......:rolleyes:

You looked pretty damn good when I saw you play Hendon the other week, and they're a decent team - a world away from the Harlow game which I also saw. If you can get 'stuck in' when playing at the dodgier grounds like East Thurrock and scrape a few 1-0's - as opposed to the draws and defeats you were suffering last season - then I can't see too many teams overhauling Chelmo at the top.

Back