• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip James Morton Signs

Transfer news
Was impressed for sure got about the pitch well always wanting the ball and trying to find space . Has a great left foot and was a great passer of the ball for the time he was on the pitch.

I thought he slotted in well and be interesting to watch him develop here

We.come to the club young man - all we ask is that you give it your best

His probably absolutely shattered! I think he needs a rest more than he needs to pick up his form.

Or maybe they're same thing...
He has been playing out of position, filling in for Cav. Neither Husin or Coker should of played the minutes they have this season.

I think Morton will replace Husin, and Husin will replace Coker, then they can all rotate in games, and have a rest for 20 odd minutes, or get taken off if they aren’t playing well.

Not sure how Cav will get back in though?

He has been playing out of position, filling in for Cav. Neither Husin or Coker should of played the minutes they have this season.

I think Morton will replace Husin, and Husin will replace Coker, then they can all rotate in games, and have a rest for 20 odd minutes, or get taken off if they aren’t playing well.

It’ll be interesting to see how the midfield pans out. Coker has come on a lot but maybe doesn’t have enough impact on a game. Husin for all his in and out form is the one guy who consistently finds a killer pass and is a must play in my book. Miley was an essential part of the midfield before his injury. Morton looks a similar player, tidy and keeps possession, but maybe a wider range of passing on the short evidence we’ve seen. Wes is a decent squad player only. So Morton, Miley and Husin maybe ? Gus and Bridge as wing backs ?

For me. Cav is the best midfielder we have. Him and Husin are the best pairing with coker and Morton to rotate.

I think there’s a bit too much similarity there. One would imagine Cav will sit and do his relentless tidying up of play, Morton will be deeper with a view to getting the ball from the defence and starting attacks and that should give Noor more of an attacking license. The beauty is when you look at the five including Wes and Coker they have a lot of rotation there. Add a physically dominant centre back, a striker or two and all of a sudden it doesn’t look so sad again.

Here’s how I see it:

Morton will provide competition in Miley’s role. This will then free up Husin to return to his preferred #8 role, where Coker will act as cover. I’d still like us to sign another option to challenge Fonguck in that left-sided #8 role, with his off-the-ball movement to help take some of the attention from defenders away from Bridge. This is possibly Fonguck’s biggest strength, and something we lack from our other midfielders imo.

Here’s how I see it:

Morton will provide competition in Miley’s role. This will then free up Husin to return to his preferred #8 role, where Coker will act as cover. I’d still like us to sign another option to challenge Fonguck in that left-sided #8 role, with his off-the-ball movement to help take some of the attention from defenders away from Bridge. This is possibly Fonguck’s biggest strength, and something we lack from our other midfielders imo.
James Olayinka would be a perfect player to give Fonguck competition

Cav walks back into the side.

Great article by CP,nice to see we are getting some good comments which will stand us in good stead in future transfer negotiations

Morton looks like another astute signing, I have a feeling he will fit in well with the way Kev wants to play. In fairness when all fit we have, in my opinion one of. If not the best. Central midfield options in the league.

Cav is an outstanding number 6, prob league 2/1 level, why he's never played that level I don't know. Hussin is creative and brings alot to the table. Fonguck, biggest surprise of the season in my eyes...looked mediocre last year but has been a revelation this year, fantastic attacking midfielder, if he had better stamina would definitely not be a non league player. Coker has a wicked shot and decent potential and will learn hopefully from those more senior around him.

In my opinion, goalie, defence and midfield with us are all league 2 level as a minimum, up top is what has killed us this year - keep the rest of the team and add to the attack and we are genuine title contenders next year

Morton looks like another astute signing, I have a feeling he will fit in well with the way Kev wants to play. In fairness when all fit we have, in my opinion one of. If not the best. Central midfield options in the league.

Cav is an outstanding number 6, prob league 2/1 level, why he's never played that level I don't know. Hussin is creative and brings alot to the table. Fonguck, biggest surprise of the season in my eyes...looked mediocre last year but has been a revelation this year, fantastic attacking midfielder, if he had better stamina would definitely not be a non league player. Coker has a wicked shot and decent potential and will learn hopefully from those more senior around him.

In my opinion, goalie, defence and midfield with us are all league 2 level as a minimum, up top is what has killed us this year - keep the rest of the team and add to the attack and we are genuine title contenders next year

Completely agree. Get a couple of genuine goal threats in and we can really hurt teams in this league.

Back