• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southchurch

Manager⭐
Do we have to worry about losing any of our players.
I am thinking of Tomlin, Cresswell in particular.
I am sure they must be attracting attention of teams above.

I think that the team is so full of confidence and belief that they will get promoted this season, that it makes little sense for any of the squad moving onto a League One side. If there were Championship sides interested then that is a huge step up and the likliehood is that a player would get nowhere near the game time as they get here. No, the January transfer window is not my worry..........now, if we don't get promoted at the end of the season...........that's the time to worry!

As posted in another thread, I doubt that Tomlin will attract too much attention at his age and given his record in his career overall. Maybe a League One team might take a pop on him for £40,000 or so, Championship less likely.

I shouldn't think there is the slightest possible chance of any of our top players going out on loan. Why would Cresswell or Tomlin be allowed to go when they're both crucial to our continued on field success?

Hall, I think, will get his transfer. Mohsni, I doubt.

I can't see anyone taking a punt on Tomlin with money in January. He is on a purple patch now, and long may it continue. But he is 29 and his scoring record over his career is hardly world beating. He has scored more than a quarter of his total career goals in his last 10 matches with us.

I can't see Cresswell going either as he has just signed for us and is playing every game when fit. His stats at Rotherham and Bury suggest he wasn't an automatic pick so I don't think he'd go to a club just to be a squad player.

No I can't see there being too much interest in any of our current players ...... but you can never tell.

Of more interest is which areas should we strengthen and which players will be given the opportunity to continue their careers elsewhere?

i think we need to sign laird permanently (or at least extend to end of season) and my orient house mate (shameful, i know) reckons they have plenty of midfielders so he really is surplus, just a case of money

i think we need to sign laird permanently (or at least extend to end of season) and my orient house mate (shameful, i know) reckons they have plenty of midfielders so he really is surplus, just a case of money

If it's just a case of money, then we don't stand a chance ..........:winking:

But I agree - and I hope there is a similar position at Millwall with Tam that might lead to a loan extension. Otherwise I would like to another central defender brought in as more cover.

I also have to congratulate the team for the lack of sendings off this season - is it me or does there seem to be more discipline this season?

But I agree - and I hope there is a similar position at Millwall with Tam that might lead to a loan extension. Otherwise I would like to another central defender brought in as more cover.

I also have to congratulate the team for the lack of sendings off this season - is it me or does there seem to be more discipline this season?
If there's a possibility of getting Mkandawire for the season then I think that's the best we can hope for. I doubt very much Millwall will want to sell him.

Better discipline is largely due to the fact there is no Mohsni in the team. He got himself involved in lots of altercations and other players then got involved as a result. Also, much as I liked him, in Grant we lost another who was inclined to cop a hatful of bookings.

We're fine at CB, I personally don't think we need anyone there unless someone picks up a long-term injury in which case we can use the loan market. If Tam leaves we need a direct replacement, ie. a good holding midfielder. Nothing else will do, he's been first class for us and I hope we can keep him to the end of the season before he inevitably returns to Millwall's first-team squad.

Someone in the mould of Ricky Holmes (or maybe even Ricky himself) is the only player we need to add (IF we keep one/both of Tam/Laird!) as we do sometimes lack a creative spark (as we saw in the 1st half on Friday!) ...

Someone in the mould of Ricky Holmes (or maybe even Ricky himself) is the only player we need to add (IF we keep one/both of Tam/Laird!) as we do sometimes lack a creative spark (as we saw in the 1st half on Friday!) ...

Great shout and think he is a decent local born player who would do well.

Let us not forget that we have donnelly still to have a chance and also tomlin can drop to the wing and bbc and freddy / harris could fill in.

We also have spicer and leonardif required .

Errrhhh, well .... both Philipps and Prosser have had periods of injury this season and that would leave the cover we have for central defence as possibly Barker ... and that would mean moving him from left back and putting Straker there ....... not the end of the world, true ..... but not ideal either because it means 2 changes to the back four.

We have brought players in before and for cover of positions (Richards and Baldwin, & the other col Ewe lad). If they are good enough to be worth bringing then they won't want to be bench warmers, could be counter productive.
Stick with what we have and do everything to keep everyone except maybe Spicer & Benyon however i do not think they have had a run of games in a settled side to gauge them fairly so I haven't written them off.

Back