• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thanks for picking up on my Tweets Jam Man.

Here's what I know in a little story on the Bury Free Press website...

http://www.buryfreepress.co.uk/spor...ing-to-loan-football-league-striker-1-6298650

Must also add I was very impressed to see Phil Brown take a young lad to see his possible loan team on a Sunday lunchtime.

I know people get paid pretty well to be in football and it's easy to have a go at managers when teams are losing, but that is going above and beyond the call of duty.

As for Bury, they are struggling for goals, but they're not a bad team - just lacking a player or two in the attacking department. A good manager too who will help players improve and a good group of lads.

UTB

Thanks for picking up on my Tweets Jam Man.

Here's what I know in a little story on the Bury Free Press website...

http://www.buryfreepress.co.uk/spor...ing-to-loan-football-league-striker-1-6298650

Must also add I was very impressed to see Phil Brown take a young lad to see his possible loan team on a Sunday lunchtime.

I know people get paid pretty well to be in football and it's easy to have a go at managers when teams are losing, but that is going above and beyond the call of duty.

As for Bury, they are struggling for goals, but they're not a bad team - just lacking a player or two in the attacking department. A good manager too who will help players improve and a good group of lads.

UTB

Yes its great for him to take him up there and shows he must think highly of him to do so.

Hopefully a good spell there and he will be ready to work more with the first team.

. A good manager too who will help players improve and a good group of lads.

UTB

That manager is Ben Chenery who I and many others saw score the winning goal for Canvey in the Trophy final at Villa Park playing in a team which included Bodley, Stimson, Parmenter and, of course, Tilly. Was that really 13 years ago?

If it happens, Williams could be lining up against Seedy on Tuesday. Failing to get a draw at lowly Romford means they'll now be hosting Billericay in the League.

Not sure about this one. So is ahead of layne who played a scored goals for billericay town last season but is not ready for the bench.

I would like to see both Williams and layne and Brown get some benchtime and maybe a few final minutes in games just to see how they fare.

Not sure about this one. So is ahead of layne who played a scored goals for billericay town last season but is not ready for the bench.

I would like to see both Williams and layne and Brown get some benchtime and maybe a few final minutes in games just to see how they fare.

It is because of him being ahead of him we are getting him some experience, its another step towards the 1st team.

Surely 90 minutes week in week out on loan is better than a few final minutes in one game where they barely touch the ball?

It is because of him being ahead of him we are getting him some experience, its another step towards the 1st team.

Surely 90 minutes week in week out on loan is better than a few final minutes in one game where they barely touch the ball?

Agreed but why not loan layne back at billericay and let him carry on knocking in goals?

Surely a bit pointless taking someone out of actual game time and getting them to play reserve football.

Agreed but why not loan layne back at billericay and let him carry on knocking in goals?

Surely a bit pointless taking someone out of actual game time and getting them to play reserve football.

Guess with Layne he is now part of a professional club with real coaching and training regimes, so he is getting the benefit of that, where Williams has been raised in that environment and now needs games. Both probably benefit from different experiences at the moment.

It is the same Ben Chenery, Mick.

Also in the Bury squad is John Kennedy, who was man of the match that day I think.

Not seen anything of Williams, so good to hear positive things about him and hopefully a deal can be struck with Bury to get him up here on loan and start banging the goals in.

Spoke to Phil Brown, who mentioned Corr's back problem. I would say it's very doubtful he'll play Tuesday based on the tone of the conversation about that.

That manager is Ben Chenery who I and many others saw score the winning goal for Canvey in the Trophy final at Villa Park playing in a team which included Bodley, Stimson, Parmenter and, of course, Tilly. Was that really 13 years ago?

I was there too. Arrived a little late and had to get a cab to Villa Park from New Street. The cabbie - a Blue Nose - was very unimpressed that we were spending our afternoon in 'that ********' and I thought it best to keep quiet about how I actually supported Southend and couldn't stand Birmingham City!

A great afternoon though, back in the days when Canvey were threatening to overtake us in the pyramid.

Couple of tweets from Chris Phillips:

Brown: "Jason Williams will not be going out on loan. He's in the squad tomorrow. He's close to being in the first team here."

Brown: "If the strikers do well then further down the line we could look at sending Jason, Isaac & Ellis out on loan if it's right for us."

So if thats the case why did Phil take him up there and discuss the loan with them.

Must be because of Corr's injury?

So if thats the case why did Phil take him up there and discuss the loan with them.

Must be because of Corr's injury?

Could be several reasons. Brown may not have thought it was the right place for Williams. Could be that they wanted him for a whole season, but Brown just wanted him there for a month or two to gain experience.

Yep could certainly because the level wasnt good enough.

Shame in a way, would be nice to see how he got on elsewhere.

Or they that PB thinks he is better than that level or Jason didn't want to go there.

Would like to see him get some game time from the bench. He deserves a shot and looked lively when he had a cameo role last season.

Back