• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jcr

Question...

what brought all of this on? Hadn't heard of JCR being disgruntled since earlier this summer when he said something along the lines of "we aren't doing enough in the transfer/signing market"

Can someone please enlighten me? He's played the first few matches of the season up until today....

Jeremy

the fact he wasnt offered a new contract when he asked for one maybe?

My old man just said they mentioned it on BBC Essex - im sure he hasnt heard it right and its Barnsley.

Although I would say League 2 is his level.

SSSSSHHHHOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHH!!!!!

agreed. ive very suprised that barnsley are so interested in someone who doesnt score and create goals. we have been trying to get jcr to do that for 2 seasons and haven't managed.

oh well, best of luck to him but i'm not too fussed. I think with Lokando coming through and black, gower and bailey all settled we should be fine. plus francis can do a job there in an emergency

And Moussa !

JCR does not and will not play for us again. Ray Jones was about to sign for us and play on tuesday night.

Can't see why QPR would've loaned him out - he made over 30 appearances for them last season so I'd have thought he'd have made their squad.

If Not Harrold then jcr was the player I was hoping would go, I be delighted to take a fiver for him. Black came on today and showed how to create chances for others etc.

I really think this could have some legs! Wasn't it Barnsley that we turned down a bid for jcr earlier in the summer? Maybe they have come back with a suitable bid or we have just been impressed by the quality of black and bailey and jcr is surplus to requirements. Either way i'm not overly bothered, he is good but doesn't really shine!

I agree with most of the comments made already. Until he learns when to cross a ball, he will never be a decent winger. His main plus points are his pace and energy but there is a fair few minus points

I saw you Matty :D

Don't believe any of it!

It's all very well everyone saying, oh we don't need JCR, we have Tommy Black etc, but what happens when/if Tommy Black gets injured? His fitness is not exactly a shining example, and over the last few years is probably comparable to that of Michael Owen's, and whilst I agree he looks promising, it would mean we would be back to square one - that is having only one player for that position and no one to cover.

Yes, I know Nicky Bailey played well today, but lets be honest, Millwall were absolutely abysmal, and the alarming lack of options down the right hand side, especially in the first half, were plain for all to see.

If JCR wants to leave, then it seems that clubs can do little to stop them these days, but we would need to look at bringing in someone else in that position to compete with Black.

I am a huge JCR fan, and will be very dissapointed if he leaves, which it is looking seemingly more likely now, and I think he has been a good asset for this club, and certainly, no one could ever argue that he didnt pull his weight for us.

Having said all of that, I am amazed it is Barnsley that he is considering joining as he was so desperate to get ouf ot that part of the world only 2 years ago, and Barnsley is about 15 miles from Rotherham - Hardly the bright city lights of London he so desperately craved!!

Having said all of that, I am amazed it is Barnsley that he is considering joining as he was so desperate to get ouf ot that part of the world only 2 years ago, and Barnsley is about 15 miles from Rotherham - Hardly the bright city lights of London he so desperately craved!!

Well there is Championship football and obviously more money on offer.

We all know Money speaks for itself Chris Whelpdale is a prime example of that theory.

No great loss in my opinion. 2 Goals and hardly any assists for a winger is pretty poor!!

Not a big miss. Black is a far superior player WITH an end product. He was so unlucky not to score at least 2 today. Bailey also had a good game, got stuck in and overlapped well with Gilbert, something JCR just never got to grips with.

lets be honest we don't need a ****ing winger if we dont have any forwards good bit of buisness if you ask me , were **** cant score for toffe lets sell every attacking opption we have at the club

Back