• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I don't agree with everything you have written here but I respect the fact that you have stated what you think with no agenda or leading questions. Much of the political input on here is to reach a specific outcome that it is refreshingly for someone to just say what they think.

All he's doing is reiterating the current anti-Corbyn line that's so prevalent in the mainstream media.

He also quite freely admits to not being a Labour supporter: "I have never been a labourite and never will be".

In other words,quite clearly,he has his own political agenda.

Not "refreshing" at all.Just same old,same old.

All he's doing is reiterating the current anti-Corbyn line that's so prevalent in the mainstream media.

He also quite freely admits to not being a Labour supporter: "I have never been a labourite and never will be".

In other words,quite clearly,he has his own political agenda.

Not "refreshing" at all.Just same old,same old.
not how I read it, was lacking in the cliches and acknowledging when he was entering that territory

not how I read it, was lacking in the cliches and acknowledging when he was entering that territory

He's a Tory.

"No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin." Aneurin Bevan.

http://www.bbc.com/news/education-39504339

"Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn says he wants to extend free school meals to all primary school pupils in England.
Mr Corbyn is proposing to cover the cost by introducing VAT on private school fees."

This is exactly what the leader of the PLP should be doing.

Though older zoners might remember this particular schools plan was also in the 1983 manifesto.Cough.

http://www.bbc.com/news/education-39504339

"Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn says he wants to extend free school meals to all primary school pupils in England.
Mr Corbyn is proposing to cover the cost by introducing VAT on private school fees."

This is exactly what the leader of the PLP should be doing.

Though older zoners might remember this particular schools plan was also in the 1983 manifesto.:omg:

FREE STUFF FOR EVERYONE!

Another bonkers Labour suggestion.

Worth noting that whilst on her trip to the murderous regime in Saudi Arabia Theresa May voiced concern about Cadbury not using the word Easter enough, and when Corbyn was asked about it he said he was more concerned about the Kraft takeover of Cadbury and the subsequent loss of British jobs. Different priorities I guess.

Because your average primary school pupil is poverty stricken and hungry.

No, your "average" primary school pupil isn't poverty stricken and hungry, but it's pretty close - too close for comfort if you ask me. Barnardo's estimates that 3.7 million children in the UK live in poverty, 1.7 million of those are deemed to be within severe poverty.

If we're "all in this together", then making sure those children are guaranteed at least one good meal five times a week is the least we should be doing.

Back