• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

John Terry banned & fined

Not necessarily.

Well, anyone in a 'normal job' outside of the public eye would have been sacked on the spot.

If I made a racial slur in my line of work I'd be out the door. Just because they're celebrities shouldn't make anyone above the law.

Well, anyone in a 'normal job' outside of the public eye would have been sacked on the spot.

If I made a racial slur in my line of work I'd be out the door. Just because they're celebrities shouldn't make anyone above the law.

Wasn't going to bore you, but I have personal experience of a small company (still in business as far as I know) where I worked for a few months in between travelling and rejoining the railway - I still have nightmares of how absolutely backwards and stuck in the 1970's that it was.

The main technical guy who knew these stupid pumps inside out was a card carrying racist and didn't hide it, even when the company traded overseas and clients from India used to come to the factory. He openly used the words n*gger and p*ki in the workshop despite me making it clear that (at the time) my partner was a British Asian and I found him utterly repulsive. I often had stand up rows with the slimy little **** and he made the usual tired excuse that he had black and Asian friends.

Yes, he should have been sacked. Instead I left very very quickly with a pay off to keep me quiet.

NR are also culpable of keeping on a senior HR director and paying off those affected by his casual sexism and racism.

Last edited:
Back