• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jonson Clarke-Harris

But it took him until he was 26 to learn his trade properly...use his strength...gain confidence in his ability....get a run of games....

Na that’s ludicrous....should’ve stuck with the opinions formed when he was 19...it was obvious then that he wasn’t going to make it...
You'll notice that there's a comment from as recently as 2019 calling JCH "useless"

Last edited:
He was only just 18 - played a total of 15 minutes in October 2012 in 3 substitute appearances 2 of which were away. Didn’t he have a bit of a naughty boy reputation? Grown up now - 40 of his 64 goals have come since August 2018.

He certainly did.

He also had an attitude problem during his short spell with us.

He certainly wouldn’t have fitted into ‘the project’ at that time - and rightly so.

I'd love to know how far back we're allowed to go when imposing today's standards on the past.
As far back as we need to go it would seem.

It's like someone judging me for my late teen years when I turn 30 in ten years' time. No doubt I'll be a totally different person and societal standards will have changed too.

It is a bit crazy if you ask me. Not even saying that he was right for anything he said either, but punishment in such drawn-out hindsight is cruel in this instance.

I look forward to all you over 65s getting a summons fir historical drink driving offences ?

He was on loan with us in 2012! He is still only 28.

Back