• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Assuming Ron can find the dosh, do you want him here or not?

• Yeah, were desparate

Votes: 68 41.0%
  • Nope, were not that desperate

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • I'm still thinking about it

Votes: 21 12.7%
  • Bart

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Yep, he looks like he could bring something to the team that we're missing

Votes: 55 33.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good News, but hope this doesn't trigger potential for Lenny to leave in January?

So, now that's resolved what about Kieran Richardson?

Josh on club website now after signing for the blues. He is saying how happy he is and how he wants to do well for the clubs fantastic fans...I like him already lol...

How naive can u b ,he only stops at a club normally 4 a year or less . Do u xpect him 2 say your fans r hooible I don't really want 2 sign !��

Hopefully Timlin :smile:
Sorry i find that comment unfair, Timlin has been the backbone of our side, for many a year. Ok maybe he is not quite the the player he once was, but to dismiss him like that i feel is unwarranted.

Here is the full interview. Woody showed yesterday what creativity and a goal threat can bring from midfield. I think Josh Wright will be a big success.

Blues complete the signing of midfielder Josh Wright

Southend United are delighted to announce the signing of Josh Wright on a free transfer.

The former Gillingham captain joins Blues on a one-year deal, with the option of a second, to bolster Manager Phil Brown’s midfield options.

Wright, who will link up with the Blues squad following today's 2-2 draw with Northampton Town, will wear the number 44 shirt.

Speaking to iFollow Blues, the 27-year-old said: “I’m delighted. It’s been going on for a little while now but that can happen in football.

“I’ve kept calm and stayed in the background but I’m over the moon to get it done and I can’t wait to get going now.

“I had a fantastic couple of years at Gillingham and they will always be a club close to my heart. I enjoyed my time there but at the end of the day you have to do what is best for you and when Southend come knocking, I was never going to turn a club down like this down.

“I can’t wait to get out there now, on the training pitch and in the games, and give my best for the great fans that they’ve got here.”

Wright left Gillingham after two years and over 90 appearances in all competitions in August.

He scored 14 goals last season for the Gills as they escaped relegation from League One and has racked up a vast amount of experience in the Championship and League One with over 200 appearances for the likes of Scunthorpe, Millwall, Crawley Town, Leyton Orient and then most recently at Gillingham.

After 14 goals last season, Wright described himself as an all-round midfielder.

“The biggest thing for me last year was I found a new player in myself which I’ve known I’ve always had.

“I can do both now. I can get forward, I can play out-and-out central midfield, but now I’ve got that feel of the goals in a season I would like to continue that.

“I want to say to myself that I’m a goalscoring midfielder, but I love to get on the ball. I’ve got the fitness and the legs to be able to do that so I see myself as an attacking midfielder, but an all-round midfielder because I can play either or.

“That was the biggest thing that came out of last season and I want to take that into this season.”

Wright will be looking to make his Blues debut next weekend away at Fleetwood Town.

Back