• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yeah I managed to forget about Clifford! Agreed.

Deegan sounds like he is misplacing a few passes. He is probably a bit behind in fitness being a free agent during the summer.

Deegan sounds like he is misplacing a few passes. He is probably a bit behind in fitness being a free agent during the summer.

I like the idea of having a true DCM in the team, because it allows cover for our full backs pushing forward, shields the CBs and gives Leonard more freedom to get up the pitch. I've not seen Clifford this season (or any games!) but I'm not sure Clifford has the ability or discipline to do that role, however it does sound like he's much improved.

Before we all get carried away ............ I'm not at the game so I can't comment on tonight's performance but Payne's weakness (to me) is he defending ability. That could be diminished by having a midfield in which Clifford sits in front of the back four and Payne is more attacking .......... but that suggests to me that either Sharkey, Worrall, Weston or Corr is dropped instead.

That is Messi's weaknmess too :winking:

Brown in his interviews always talks about players 'grabing the shirt' when they get the opportunity. I think he is consistent with this when players come in for injured players and play well, they stay in the team. I'm sure he'll start Payne on Saturday.

Payne best position is to play as an attacking winger on either left or right side of 4-3-3, he can easily replace Hurst.

I like the idea of having a true DCM in the team, because it allows cover for our full backs pushing forward, shields the CBs and gives Leonard more freedom to get up the pitch. I've not seen Clifford this season (or any games!) but I'm not sure Clifford has the ability or discipline to do that role, however it does sound like he's much improved.

Exactly what I've been saying earlier and giving Leonard the freedom will bring out the best in him IMO. When he runs at players we causes problems and it usually ends in a chance or him being fouled. I remember his goal against Chesterfield in the 3-0 win where he got the ball on the half way line, burst forward, played a one-two before a simple finish.

Clifford seems to have improved a lot from when I saw him against Wycombe last season. Whether he can do that defensive job is another question.

Scores 2 goals and gets compared to Messi.

Only on SZ!

He was called the 'little Messi' in the youth team ... shows how small he is!

Payne best position is to play as an attacking winger on either left or right side of 4-3-3, he can easily replace Hurst.

I honestly think he is better off centrally, just behind a striker. When I've watched him he can get past defenders with ease, when it appears there's no room because he's got such a low centre of gravity. I think he's a bit wasted further out wide.

Back