• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I agree with Ex-Trust Treasurer Bloke, I really don't understand why people want us to leave the JPT by the nearest exit. I very much believe you should enter every match aiming to win it and progress as far as you can. And as he said, this competition has given us some brilliant occasions and some wonderful memories. Even though we lost each time, I loved our two days out in Cardiff and one at Wembley and am delighted I had the chance to experience them. This competition offers us our best chance of playing against Colchester and our best chance of getting to Wembley, so why not take it on?

As a League Two team, the odds are stacked against us winning the competition (only four winners from the fourth tier in the thirty-year history of the competition), but I would be thrilled if we got to Wembley again. Look at the finalists over the last ten years of this competition, nine of them came from this division, and two-thirds of those went on to win promotion that same season:

Four of them ended up as champions - Chesterfield (2014), Swindon Town (2012), MK Dons (2008) and Carlisle United (2006)
Two of them got to the play-offs and won promotion - Bristol Rovers (2007) and Southend United (2005)
Two of them ended up mid-table - Southend United (2013) and Grimsby Town (2008)
One of them got relegated - but that was only because Luton (2009) had been given a 30-point deduction.

Success breeds success and if we can go on a winning run in the JPT this can only help with our promotion push, as two-thirds of League Two finalists over the last ten years have shown.

there are some very interesting stats in there which support the theory of 'success breads success'

there are some very interesting stats in there which support the theory of 'success breads success'

Indeed and if we can sandwich some good cup performances between the league games we could have a good cup run and make some dough.....god knows we knead it.

That lot (Wimbledon) are very much out of order at the turnstiles. I went there with my dad in 11-12 Season, we won 4-1. I was 16 at the time. It was £12 for my ticket. An adult ticket was £20. I got asked for ID, and if course, being only 16, i wasn't expecting to be asked for it. They didn't believe i was under 18 and got charged an extra £8 to get in. Had to pay adult price...

Just a heads up for those of you thinking of going with anyone aged between 14-18

I think we should aim to get to the final and then bring Sturrock back a few weeks before...................

Play a full strength side and have another day out at Wembley with the day trippers and get some cash. Keep the players happy by always winning

Back