• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Phew, another year, another Christmas Party, 26 members of the playing squad = 50 happy Junior Blues.

A different venue for us this year - no more bowling, instead we went to Play football.net at the Chase School. An hour of outdoor activities with half the squad, followed by food and an entertainer inside.

Full credit to everyone who helped today, the whole Commercial team - Rhys, Rebecca, Matt and Callum; the coaches from SUCET, who took the outdoor groups and were excellent; the team at Play football and, of course, hubby, who I couldn't do all this stuff without.

A special mention for Ben Coker, who was there for the duration - all the players were great, and there's some fantastic pictures already out there.

Just right click on the photo 'OBL' and then copy & paste it into the reply box. Hopefully this one works :-
attachment.php

Ah, cheers Andy!

Actually, just tried to do the 3rd one and it still didn't work for me!

Last edited:
Great work OBL. It's good to know there are genuine people, doing selfless work for the youngsters, and promoting the future fan base of the club at the same time. You, and all those that helped, deserve recognition and our thanks. :thumbsup:

I should say how touched I was that one of my "regular" JBs turned up with a Christmas card and present for me - really very sweet!

Ah, cheers Andy!

Actually, just tried to do the 3rd one and it still didn't work for me!

My apologies 'OBL'. I think if you just right click on the image in your post, it doesn't work.

If you firstly left click on your image to open it up, then right click, then copy, then paste into the quick reply box at the bottom of the thread, it does work that way.

Hope that makes sense,

D'awwww. Look at the adorable look on his little face.

Coker, I mean. :smile:

Lol, there's two photos of him, both with his tongue out! I'm not going to hear any criticism at all of him - he was the only one who stayed for the whole two hours - and I got a kiss, which is always a plus! :blush:

Come along way from the days of Frankie Banks and the pantomime, when my 29 year old son was a nipper.

I say it every year, the hours you and the people put in behind the scenes are fantastic, and without people like you and many others, it would not happen

Long may you continue and hopefully one day I will have Grandchildren to bring along and keep the fun going, special mention to Mr Coker it doesnot cost him anything to stay all the time, but makes the day special to the future Southend supporters

Well done Kay, The Trust and all behind the scenes that do not get a mention, you really are what Southend FC community is all about :happy:

UTS

There are many people behind the scenes trying to make things better for the fans, all un-paid, devoting many hours of their time (and also monies) for no tributes or recognition.

OBL does a very good job with the JBs, so does her supportive husband.

Well done to all.

Come along way from the days of Frankie Banks and the pantomime, when my 29 year old son was a nipper.

I say it every year, the hours you and the people put in behind the scenes are fantastic, and without people like you and many others, it would not happen

Long may you continue and hopefully one day I will have Grandchildren to bring along and keep the fun going, special mention to Mr Coker it doesnot cost him anything to stay all the time, but makes the day special to the future Southend supporters

Well done Kay, The Trust and all behind the scenes that do not get a mention, you really are what Southend FC community is all about :happy:

UTS

Spot on ,very well done OBL,great stuff

Kay

Is there an online application for the JB, I have seen the form and attach a cheque page .

Also is there are "life" membership to save renewing annually etc ?

I have 2 month old who has told me he wants to join...

There are many people behind the scenes trying to make things better for the fans, all un-paid, devoting many hours of their time (and also monies) for no tributes or recognition.

OBL does a very good job with the JBs, so does her supportive husband.

Well done to all.

Definitely, couldn't do it without him.

Kay

Is there an online application for the JB, I have seen the form and attach a cheque page .

Also is there are "life" membership to save renewing annually etc ?

I have 2 month old who has told me he wants to join...

Haha! Not a great deal of assuming that's what he's gurgling Gary?!!

No, am afraid there's no online facility at present. We're hoping to link it fully with the ticket office system which is why they are all given a customer number and, eventually, it's hoped to be able to do it online. You can download the form from the website and fill in credit card information if you don't want to write a cheque - that can then be returned either to the ticket office or to us in the Shrimpers.

I'll raise the suggestion of "life" membership, it's certainly something that we can consider going forward. I would have thought relative to the age less a percentage - great idea!

Definitely, couldn't do it without him.

Haha! Not a great deal of assuming that's what he's gurgling Gary?!!

No, am afraid there's no online facility at present. We're hoping to link it fully with the ticket office system which is why they are all given a customer number and, eventually, it's hoped to be able to do it online. You can download the form from the website and fill in credit card information if you don't want to write a cheque - that can then be returned either to the ticket office or to us in the Shrimpers.

I'll raise the suggestion of "life" membership, it's certainly something that we can consider going forward. I would have thought relative to the age less a percentage - great idea!

Thanks Kay

Back