• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I mentioned this to my West Spam friend at work. He said that Hines was quality; keeping Stanislas out of the team and better than Sears. Stanislas is now in the Premier League and Sears is in he Championship. The crucial detail and comment being, if it wasn't for the injuries he'd be in and around the spammers first team now. So injuries clearly ruined the progress of a top player. If said player is over the injuries, we are left with a top player!
Personally, It's a gamble I'd take.

united we stand;[URL="tel:1912929" said:
1912929[/URL]]im still waiting for the stats post :smile:

nothing wrong with her stats, look at the Hunt stats.... croc...Care to work out what he cost the club per game?

I mentioned this to my West Spam friend at work. He said that Hines was quality; keeping Stanislas out of the team and better than Sears. Stanislas is now in the Premier League and Sears is in he Championship. The crucial detail and comment being, if it wasn't for the injuries he'd be in and around the spammers first team now. So injuries clearly ruined the progress of a top player. If said player is over the injuries, we are left with a top player!
Personally, It's a gamble I'd take.

Indeed. For me there are 2 main issues here...

Firstly is he over the injuries. His medical records will give us an indication but still not guarantee that he will not break down again. Players following operations can and do recover from serious injuries.

Secondly have the injuries had a lasting impact. From memory Hines was a quick player and it is likely that the injuries will have impacted on his acceleration. Is his all round ability good enough to compensate?

Certainly worth a look though and young enough still to have a successful career.

I'm not sure what players people expect Brown to sign when the transfer window is closed and emergency loans aren't allowed anymore. These are the only type of players available right now.

Why do people continue to think we are going to attract top quality players that don't have injury or other issues.
Some will work , many will fail , but we don't have lots of choice

Has to be worth a look. All depends on fitness and does he still have the pace. So trial perfect scenario.
If we didn't bring him in, he went elsewhere on trial, got signed and it became apparent we turned down a trial the Victors and Victorias would have a field day..
So fine by me- if he were over the injuries then potentially a very exciting attacking option.

Brown gets a lot of stick ( some from me ) but Ranger , Ferdinand and Cox are class and make our team much better when they are in it.
I for one appreciate that he's brought these guys in.
There is a poster that openly goes on about Jason Williams lack of game time.
Honestly , compared to those 3 , he's not in the same class

I actually admire the fact that we are prepared to give players a second chance. Ranger may not work out in the long run but his performances so far have been exciting. Cox is clearly a class player - just look at his assist last week and Ferdinand has added experience and solidity to the back four.

Why should a player who has had injuries or made mistakes in the past be simply written off? It makes no sense from either a moral or footballing perspective. Everyone deserves a second chance to prove themselves so well done Phil Brown!!

Why do people continue to think we are going to attract top quality players that don't have injury or other issues.
Some will work , many will fail , but we don't have lots of choice

Rubbish, we should be competing with the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid and not signing League One type players :stunned:

Brown gets a lot of stick ( some from me ) but Ranger , Ferdinand and Cox are class and make our team much better when they are in it.
I for one appreciate that he's brought these guys in.
There is a poster that openly goes on about Jason Williams lack of game time.
Honestly , compared to those 3 , he's not in the same class

How many games has Ranger missed so far this season.......0 goals
Cox already been dropped......2 goals from open play
Forune......doesn't play much.....1 goal

In Phil we trust eh!

Problem is, football is a team game, so you have to consider what their inclusion has given the rest of the team.

Cox has created at least 5 or 6 goals with killer crosses or passes and Ranger's presence, has allowed midfielders like Wordy to be confident enough to go beyond him and get into the box to score.

It doesn't matter who scores, as long as the results are good and at the moment, we have only lost 1 in the last 8 and 2 in the last 10.

Problem is, football is a team game, so you have to consider what their inclusion has given the rest of the team.

Cox has created at least 5 or 6 goals with killer crosses or passes and Ranger's presence, has allowed midfielders like Wordy to be confident enough to go beyond him and get into the box to score.

It doesn't matter who scores, as long as the results are good and at the moment, we have only lost 1 in the last 8 and 2 in the last 10.

Wordy's goals in recent games has IMO turned the tide,you are probably correct the hold up play up top has helped,but we cannot expect Wordy to constantly hit the net....those playing up top must weigh in with their share of goals...sadly they have failed so far.

How many games has Ranger missed so far this season.......0 goals
Cox already been dropped......2 goals from open play
Forune......doesn't play much.....1 goal

In Phil we trust eh!

Wordy's goals in recent games has IMO turned the tide,you are probably correct the hold up play up top has helped,but we cannot expect Wordy to constantly hit the net....those playing up top must weigh in with their share of goals...sadly they have failed so far.

For me Ranger, Cox and Fortune have made Southend a far more entertaining and durable team to watch. Goals are happening and these three are a big part of making them happen. I'm confident that all three will play a big part in the rest of our season too. You can spout all the stats you want (and you regularly do), but it won't change the fact that all three were worth taking a 'chance' on.

Isn't it obvious that part of being on trial will be allowing our medical Team the first hand opportunity to evaluate his recovery from injury?

Clearly his injuries have really impacted his career, but if anyone thinks that this would not be taken in to account when/if offering a contract then I reckon you are deluded.

I would be almost 100% certain that any contract offered would have major provisos regarding playing time.

For me Ranger, Cox and Fortune have made Southend a far more entertaining and durable team to watch. Goals are happening and these three are a big part of making them happen. I'm confident that all three will play a big part in the rest of our season too. You can spout all the stats you want (and you regularly do), but it won't change the fact that all three were worth taking a 'chance' on.

All about opinions,Wordy has scored more than those 3 combined.

Back