• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

KES Award Evening...

Jay_Shrimper

Mummy's Little Soldier
For those of you who went and congratulated me on winning the big thing with my name on it, Thankyou....

I got the pinnacle award for 'Rotary Community Service'.

I'm the best.

:finger: :finger:

Excuse my ignorance..

But what the hell is KES Awards evening?

King Edmund School or something?

Well done anyway mate!

Yep, Kind Edmund School Awards at the Cliffs Pavilion. Started at 7 tonight finished just short of about half 9.

I see, well done mate.

Something to add to your record of achievement...

Do you still have those maroon folders?, mine was always empty unfortunately..

Maroon folders? Not to my knowledge......

I've left school now, back to Sixth Form when it starts...

Christ, that jogged some memories !!! i left King Edmund in 1986.. it was a right dive back then (nothing to do with the pupils i'm sure :minger: )

Has it improved at all Jay ?? As for record of achievements, i'm not sure i had any :p

It's a much better school nowadays. Better grades etc. It improves every year. Theres also some fit younger people who go there as well...but thats a different story. ;)

It's a much better school nowadays. Better grades etc. It improves every year. Theres also some fit younger people who go there as well...but thats a different story. ;)

Good to hear the old place has improved... i presume Abel is still head ?? he was deputy back in my day but swanned around like he ran the place, we used to call him The Devil cos .. a) he scared the cr ap out of us, and .. b) he always seemed to be so tanned that he appeared red
(much like this !!! :finger: )

And glad the totty appears to have improved for ya too ;)

I was there last night... Getting smashed at the bar with a few mates of mine. There were actually some very nice teachers around, definitely changed in the year or two that I haven't been around. Got a few drinking games with some teachers going, was a laugh.

Yep, Kind Edmund School Awards at the Cliffs Pavilion. Started at 7 tonight finished just short of about half 9.

Why does a school need to hold an award ceremony at the Cliffs pavillion?

I used to attend KES and it has ample space to host such an event.

Good to hear the old place has improved... i presume Abel is still head ?? he was deputy back in my day but swanned around like he ran the place, we used to call him The Devil cos .. a) he scared the cr ap out of us, and .. b) he always seemed to be so tanned that he appeared red
(much like this !!! :finger: )

And glad the totty appears to have improved for ya too ;)

Abel, yep he's still head, can't be much longer left though, surely? :confused: ... n yeh he still a) Does scare the cr ap out of people and b) wear fake tan. :hilarious: :hilarious:

Shame I don't have anyone though....:cry: :cry:

MAD CYRIL said:
Why does a school need to hold an award ceremony at the Cliffs pavillion?

I used to attend KES and it has ample space to host such an event.

Dunno, maybe because its Lazy - that'd suit the school?

Nah, it's just a kewl place to have one, it's the perfect set up, right amount of chairs etc. The other people do the choreography and the lights etc. Dunno, just seems the perfect place.:minger: :minger:

Abel, yep he's still head, can't be much longer left though, surely? :confused: ... n yeh he still a) Does scare the cr ap out of people and b) wear fake tan. :hilarious: :hilarious:

Shame I don't have anyone though....:cry: :cry:

Dunno, maybe because its Lazy - that'd suit the school?

Nah, it's just a kewl place to have one, it's the perfect set up, right amount of chairs etc. The other people do the choreography and the lights etc. Dunno, just seems the perfect place.:minger: :minger:

Lights, choreography?

Isn't this a bit OTT for handing out a few school awards?

In my day you might have received something in an assembly for good work or sporting achievement but that was about it.

I bet they do a school prom as well.

They do a performance in the first half as well where dancers and singers etc. In the second half is the awards ceremony. They do make it look good, different back-drops and things. Singers on their own amongst other acts.

Yes, KES do, do a prom as well. I went this this years - just-gone. It was awsume. I was buzzing for weeks after it.

Good to hear the old place has improved... i presume Abel is still head ?? he was deputy back in my day but swanned around like he ran the place, we used to call him The Devil cos .. a) he scared the cr ap out of us

Forget Abel, Longhurst was the daddy.

You don't mess with a metalwork teacher who used to compete in Mr Universe competitions and used to rip shirts like the incredible hulk just by flexing his muscles.

Forget Abel, Longhurst was the daddy.

You don't mess with a metalwork teacher who used to compete in Mr Universe competitions and used to rip shirts like the incredible hulk just by flexing his muscles.

Have to admit i got on ok with Longhurst, my biggest gripe was with Saunders, the Biology teacher.. he said i was lazy and insolent, and would make nothing of my life..

F***er was right too :(

They do a performance in the first half as well where dancers and singers etc. In the second half is the awards ceremony. They do make it look good, different back-drops and things. Singers on their own amongst other acts.

Yes, KES do, do a prom as well. I went this this years - just-gone. It was awsume. I was buzzing for weeks after it.

My Prom was Gash... Was just like a regular School Disco. Now the Afterparty, Completely different story ;)

my uni (class) prom was brilliant... one of those boat parties down the thames, much better than i thought it was going to be (probably the unlimited bottles of pink champers!)

Excuse my ignorance..

But what the hell is KES Awards evening?

King Edmund School or something?

Well done anyway mate!

I was packing last night as I move on Friday and I found my NRA.

That bloody folder you are supposed to take to your first interview.....:fury:

Back