• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Kevin Maher frustrated by Southend United's 10 day wait for next game

Should take it as a blessing, when was the last time we had the squad training for over a week knowing they won their last game, not dwelling on a ‘last time when we got beaten’ vibe? Also an opportunity to work on tactics, getting them drilled and understanding their roles. Plus time to scout and bring in / move out players

Yes, look on the positive side. Drum into them your tactics and strategies. Practice those set pieces. Examine the opposition in minute detail.

Mind you there wouldn't be a 10 day break if you had beaten Chesterfield.

I can give him two names he should bring in .Both more than capable of holding there own in this squad. KINALI and BENTON .

I can give him two names he should bring in .Both more than capable of holding there own in this squad. KINALI and BENTON .

Any evidence of this? They're seem to be doing well on loan at clubs that are 2(?) levels lower in the pyramid - but last 3 managers haven't played them.

If they were ripping it up on the training ground you'd think they'd be in the first team squad.

Can’t comment on Benton but going back to the days of Sol I felt Kinali was a superior player to Egbri, so slightly puzzled by his lack of involvement with first team. That said I’m not sure if he perhaps picked up an injury or other factors.
Then again I can’t understand why Matt Rush hasn’t been more involved and why we persist with some of the old timers who aren’t any better than many of our youngsters

Can’t comment on Benton but going back to the days of Sol I felt Kinali was a superior player to Egbri, so slightly puzzled by his lack of involvement with first team. That said I’m not sure if he perhaps picked up an injury or other factors.
Then again I can’t understand why Matt Rush hasn’t been more involved
and why we persist with some of the old timers who aren’t any better than many of our youngsters
Murphy and Dalby are doing the business, why drop one of them for Rush?

His time will come

Back