• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Labour Party Conference 2014

This a a complete non-issue.

Ed Balls covered PLP economic policy fully, in his brief as Shadow Chancellor, on Monday.

Nonsense....he forgot....,how can someone who wants to be prime minister forget something as important as this....he's a liability.

Nonsense....he forgot....,how can someone who wants to be prime minister forget something as important as this....he's a liability.
Liability 1) Ed Miliband - tries to make a speech without auto cue and misses out a good few minutes so it clocks in at just under an hour but manages to pledge tens of thousands of extra staff for the NHS

Liabilty 2) Dave Cameron - uses auto cue so manages to deliver all of the words he intends to but is head of a government who have had to be taken to court to stop them closing NHS A&E units.

in example 1 Ed would be advised to at least take cue cards with him to make sure he has covered all that he intended to.
in example 2 Dave must remember not to close down A&E units or people die.

Did anyone see the interview with Nick Robinson? absolute laughable. Who in their right mind is going to vote in Ken McCluskey's puppet? Taking the Labour party back to the stone age which is fine by me.
Wiki:
Robinson was interested in politics from a young age, and went on to study a Philosophy, Politics, and Economics degree at Oxford University, where he was also President of the Oxford University Conservative Association. Starting out in broadcasting at Piccadilly Radio, after a year as President of the Conservative Party youth group, blah blah

I always find it difficult to watch him without questioning his impartiality.

Wiki:
Robinson was interested in politics from a young age, and went on to study a Philosophy, Politics, and Economics degree at Oxford University, where he was also President of the Oxford University Conservative Association. Starting out in broadcasting at Piccadilly Radio, after a year as President of the Conservative Party youth group, blah blah

I can't stand the bloke but out of interest where do you go to find impartial opinion?

On Channel 4 news the senior Snow ripped Ed Miliped asunder.
Ed didn't have a single answer to budgeting and finance and it SHOWED so much it was painful to watch.

Wiki:

So a nodding dog would have been a better interviewer yes?
Believe it or not there are people whose political leanings are different to yourself. Some of them god forbid work in the media.
Hand on heart time, do you honestly think Labour are going to win with Ed Miliband? of course they will win again but with him at the helm?

So a nodding dog would have been a better interviewer yes?
Believe it or not there are people whose political leanings are different to yourself. Some of them god forbid work in the media.
Hand on heart time, do you honestly think Labour are going to win with Ed Miliband? of course they will win again but with him at the helm?
I think you are deliberately missing the point - the BBC's main political reporter should be impartial, with Robinson's background that looks shaky.

Labour winning with Ed - I hope so, most likely outcome is a Lab-Lib coalition. Name a current politician you would like to see as the next PM?

I think you are deliberately missing the point - the BBC's main political reporter should be impartial, with Robinson's background that looks shaky.

Labour winning with Ed - I hope so, most likely outcome is a Lab-Lib coalition. Name a current politician you would like to see as the next PM?

I am not deliberately missing anything thank you. Robinson is the Political editor for the BBC. Who would you like to interview the leader of the opposition? I have never seen or heard cries of foul regarding Robinson's bias "tory" views but will certainly keep an eye out.
Cameron will be the next PM with a minority government.
Who would I like to see ? Me

I am not deliberately missing anything thank you. Robinson is the Political editor for the BBC. Who would you like to interview the leader of the opposition? I have never seen or heard cries of foul regarding Robinson's bias "tory" views but will certainly keep an eye out.
Cameron will be the next PM with a minority government.
Who would I like to see ? Me
I would like the BBC political editor to not have held prominent positions in the young Conservatives as it makes me view his style differently to if I didn't know that. His smarmy Devil's advocate style doesn't draw me I either - all makes him difficult to watch.

Can anyone seriously imagine Balls and Milibland in charge of our great country? The fact that Red Ed 'forgot' to mention the deficit or immigration, arguably the two biggest domestic issues, sums up his sheer incompetence. All they come up with is soundbites and vague promises which, when probed, they can't spell out. He's a Marxist who hates his own country.

Can anyone seriously imagine Balls and Milibland in charge of our great country? The fact that Red Ed 'forgot' to mention the deficit or immigration, arguably the two biggest domestic issues, sums up his sheer incompetence. All they come up with is soundbites and vague promises which, when probed, they can't spell out. He's a Marxist who hates his own country.
The fact that Labour are ahead in the polls would indicate that at the moment more people can imagine Ed and Ed running the country than any of the other parties.
The fact that you state that he hates his own country renders your opinion pretty irrelevant.

The fact that Labour are ahead in the polls would indicate that at the moment more people can imagine Ed and Ed running the country than any of the other parties.
The fact that you state that he hates his own country renders your opinion pretty irrelevant.

A lot will change their minds come elction time. I have great faith that most people at the end of the day are not complete idiots. By the way, I don't care if Robinson is a card carrying communist as long as he asks difficult questions and makes politicians look complete arses because they cannot answer straightforward questions.
If you want to be taxed to the hilt for crap "public services" then that is your prerogative.

A lot will change their minds come elction time. I have great faith that most people at the end of the day are not complete idiots. By the way, I don't care if Robinson is a card carrying communist as long as he asks difficult questions and makes politicians look complete arses because they cannot answer straightforward questions.
If you want to be taxed to the hilt for crap "public services" then that is your prerogative.
Cost of living at the moment is so sky high that a bit of tax to make public services not crap would barely be noticed.

The level if debate on this thread is pretty low (myself included) and is just those of us with differing opinions spouting those without anything new to add so I think I'll give it a rest now as there has been an effort elsewhere to make postings less dull.

Labour are, at best four points ahead in the polls which is pathetic with a little over 8 months to go to a General Election. They haven't improved their rating after conference and it's generally considered that Milliband's performance was useless and had less bite than a toothless turtle. And that's coming from his own backbenchers.

Here's what I have found.

http://www.comres.co.uk/poll/1269/itv-news-index-labour-conference.htm

http://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/nq311y09j7/YG-Archives-Pol-Trackers-Leaders-Perceptions-240914.pdf

http://www.ukpolitical.info/General_election_polls.htm

Not exactly setting the world on fire.

Back