• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I doubt that , it looked like knee damage which could take a while to settle. We have more than adequate cover if needed.

Definitely was the knee, he looked in alot of pain and I don't understand why he had to walk round the pitch.

No, me neither, nor why they went THAT way round! Surely we have something that could have got him safely round without potentially aggravating the injury?

Couldn't work out why he struggled to walk around the pitch either, unless he'd refused the stretcher.

I was leaving the stadium at about 6:00pm yesterday and helped Marc Laird get into Anthony Straker's car, he was walking with two crutches and had some sort of leg brace from the foot to the top of his thigh, This had an opening round the knee, but he was having to keep his leg straight and was definitely in a lot of pain. I am not a doctor but would be surprised if he played next week.

shame as he is a good player who likes to get in there and will be missed

I think we'll miss Laird as he has a bit of muscle on the pitch. Where's Makandawire when you need him?!

Will be missed but i like the look of clifford as a replacement but lets hope not out for too long

Laird's a big loss but we have not only Clifford but also Timlin too when he's fully up to speed so at least we're well covered.

Will be missed but i like the look of clifford as a replacement but lets hope not out for too long
Agree with this. Hope Laird's ok but wouldn't be disappointed if he was rested this Saturday as Clifford looks the real deal to me. Really think he's one of the missing pieces in our team, for all the good points in our side (and there are a lot, a confident, quality keeper, a good solid back four, good link up on the left side of the pitch, a hard working midfield with lots of competition and 2 quality strikers with some competition from Reid) - with all this, I still think we lack a bit of creativity to link the midfield and strikers.

Laird on the two performances I've seen (Plymouth & Northampton) seems a good player for us, getting stuck in well, collecting the ball and knocking it about and getting forward quite well, but with all of that he doesn't quite have that natural creative touch. I know we can't have everything and I'm glad Laird is in the squad and happy when he starts, it just seems Clifford has that natural ability that can open up defences or grab a goal from 20 yards, and although a little headless chicken-esque (forgivable in his cameo appearances) seems to be decent in the tackle too.

For me our strongest midfield is very hard to tell, but both Leonard and Clifford despite being young in age could play a big part this year.

Is it no news is good news

I am hoping that the fact there still is no news on the Mark laird injury that it isn't as bad as first feared .Maybe he might be out for a couple of weeks or so rather than months .Lets hope so .But we seemed to have fantastic cover in either Clifford or Timlin .

I can't see Laird being back for a few weeks but that is not based on anything other than gut feeling.

A midfield centre of Leonard and Clifford does not sound too great either. I like Leonard and quite pleased with the little I have seen of Clifford but would like to see more experience in there ............ so perhaps it will be Timlin's chance to get a couple of games under his belt.

Still waiting to hear back apparently. Reckon he'll be out for a few weeks then, hopefully will give Clifford a run of games to prove himself and show there is competition in midfield. Something we lacked this time last season.

Back