• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So pleased for Paul. Good luck to him i say, if he wins the final too, he really will be a Southend legend. There's a very good team in that squad, if he puts out the right guys on the day, i feel we have a better chance than last time out against Crewe.

He has a five year plan. Unless his health is deteriorating, he'll be here for at least another 2 years.

I am SOOO glad that those who have called for "Sturrock Out" have been rewarded with this result.

yawn.. when sturrock goes we will realise what we had .. a class manager

In 107 year's of history we haven't had a moment quite like this.

Let's savour it, because there might not be another one like it for another 107 years.

Anyone who wants Sturrock out needs their head checking, he's a fantastic manager and pretty much every other team in league two would feel privileged to have him, some people just feel the need to complain about Southend 24/7.

Anyone who wants Sturrock out needs their head checking, he's a fantastic manager and pretty much every other team in league two would feel privileged to have him, some people just feel the need to complain about Southend 24/7.

We shoould set up a section in the ground just for the moaners to congregate....keep all in one place....

yawn.. when sturrock goes we will realise what we had .. a class manager

I agree with you 100% but sadly i think Luggy will be gone in the Summer if not before, unless we win at wembley and gain promotion to Div 1. Only then would RM struggle to get rid of the manager.

Id say its odds on we will have a new manager come the start of next season. Really hope im wrong but i wont be :sad:

I agree with you 100% but sadly i think Luggy will be gone in the Summer if not before, unless we win at wembley and gain promotion to Div 1. Only then would RM struggle to get rid of the manager.

Id say its odds on we will have a new manager come the start of next season. Really hope im wrong but i wont be :sad:

Is this just your own personal feeling....or do you have reliable inside info?

Is this just your own personal feeling....or do you have reliable inside info?

The latter im afraid :sad: and im certainly not a negative poster. Im 100% behind luggy and think he has done an amazing job since taking over. Heard today when i was talking to my dad and i was actually shocked when he told me. Fingers crossed we do go up and then hopefully that will be enough to make him safe.

I hope not as he done a good job in last 2 and half season, without him, we would home straight into the Conference!

The latter im afraid :sad: and im certainly not a negative poster. Im 100% behind luggy and think he has done an amazing job since taking over. Heard today when i was talking to my dad and i was actually shocked when he told me. Fingers crossed we do go up and then hopefully that will be enough to make him safe.

But then again you said a couple of years ago that we were going to sign Scott McGleish !

But then again you said a couple of years ago that we were going to sign Scott McGleish !

I just said to look for negative posts not wrong ones :'(, but honestly we were very close to signing him and im sure others in the know will back that up. Im definately not making this up as i have no agenda or no real need to. My dad told me today when i was phoning about tickets for wembley and i just couldnt believe it. As you can see with the date i joined it was at the beginning of the Luggy era.

I FOR ONE HOPE HE STAYS , BUT IF HE DOES LEAVE , I HOPE ITS OF HIS OWN CHOICE , AND I HOPE ITS NOT BECAUSE OF ILL HEALTH.I PERSONALLY DO BELIEVE THAT BEING IN CHARGE AT SOUTHEND IS ONE HARD JOB ,BECAUSE OF EVERYONES EXPECTATIONS ,NOT JUST RMs.AND MAYBE 3 YEARS IS ENOUGH FOR HIM AND HE WANTS A REST, OR MAYBE HE HAS BEEN OFFERED THE MANAGERS POSITION AT A MUCH HIGHER PROFILE CLUB , WITH HIGHER REMUNERATION AND MONEY TO SPEND ON BUYING PLAYERS, IF SO I WOULD WISH HIM EVERY SUCCESS AND THANK HIM FOR A JOB WELL DONE AT SUFC.

Back