• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Trying to be balanaced if you think of the worst tackle you have seen and double it then it wouldnt be too far fom Batt's challenge. Had it not been Granty who does have a habit of drawing fouls then more on here would have gone wild.

I am in direct line with the challenge from Batts points of view and he lunged over the top of the ball and got Grantys legs after the ball had gone. He deserved a red for it. I would also add that he had mouthed off a number of fans just before his red too so he was clearly boiling over.

Craddock was a **** for consistant fouling and throwing Hall to the floor and then to add to it calling the lino a C-Unit three times in my ear shot. Also what a total horrible ****** Constable is. A strong ref could have booked him about six times for his constant mouthing off.

That ref is crap but he is crap for both sides always so I dont really know why your hard done by especially as your goal looked offside.

On the flip side Oxford were a good side and I am sure you will be up there at the end of the season.

reminded me of "Rhino" Stevens assault on Stanley some years ago which Stan managed to vault. The clear intent was if by some miracle I get the ball fine, but if not I'm going to put the player in to row x. Stevens walked then and Batt walked last night. It was a shocking challenge last night and reserved a red.

just read what their manager said. Boy if ever there was proof that you should not give interviews when you're hyped up and disappointed it's that. Grant is fantastic at getting his body between the ball and defender. They clip him. It's a foul. Simple as that.
It also winds the opposition up......which is great.

I don't feel hard done by, although it does seem we don't get much from referees lately... Just wanted a different view from that of our media and forum. Opposition fans always see things different, albeit with rose tinted glasses sometimes!!! On another subject what do you guys know about Simon Hackney (who we just signed from your rivals) from what I've read he done well when he came on, so that's a positive.

I don't feel hard done by, although it does seem we don't get much from referees lately... Just wanted a different view from that of our media and forum. Opposition fans always see things different, albeit with rose tinted glasses sometimes!!! On another subject what do you guys know about Simon Hackney (who we just signed from your rivals) from what I've read he done well when he came on, so that's a positive.

He looked pretty useful tbh. Very quick.

Trying to be balanaced if you think of the worst tackle you have seen and double it then it wouldnt be too far fom Batt's challenge. Had it not been Granty who does have a habit of drawing fouls then more on here would have gone wild.

I am in direct line with the challenge from Batts points of view and he lunged over the top of the ball and got Grantys legs after the ball had gone. He deserved a red for it. I would also add that he had mouthed off a number of fans just before his red too so he was clearly boiling over.

Craddock was a **** for consistant fouling and throwing Hall to the floor and then to add to it calling the lino a C-Unit three times in my ear shot. Also what a total horrible ****** Constable is. A strong ref could have booked him about six times for his constant mouthing off.

That ref is crap but he is crap for both sides always so I dont really know why your hard done by especially as your goal looked offside.

On the flip side Oxford were a good side and I am sure you will be up there at the end of the season.

The foul was right in front of me in the East Blacks & I'm guessing that Grant faked the sound of the contact made by Batt. Batt was looking to hurt Grant, as you could see quite clearly the anger in his face. The intent was there & clearly he went over the top of the ball. Grant did well to get out of the way of most of that "challenge." An easy decision, even for that clown of a ref!

I think the ref got it correct. The speed it all happened perhaps made it appear worse than it was and the fact that the previous player had tried to take Grant out but missed didnt help the RB's case. Like TBS said, the look on his face said it all and the challenge was high, reckless and he knew if Grant got inbehind him, Grant would have a clear run in on goal!

Hill actually was ok first half but 2nd half he lost his cool and lost control of the game a touch, but Hill has certainly had worse games!

I sat quite close; Batt dived in with a reckless tackle after Potter was shoulder barged away from the ball, Batt went through the player with his tackle & it looked bad because both players were going forward towards each other. These momentum challenges always look bad (contact was alot more than getting the ball), but Batt could have contained Grant to the flank or just try & conceed a throw in, he didn't though. None of our players would have been able to avoid this collision so Batt took his chances with a pretty pants ref. When Grant came back on he laboured for a while after that challenge, going to ground again in pain with no one around him as we warmed up Sawyer. To finish off the game, nearly every ball after that he took to Oxfords corner flag as he looked crocked as well as to run the clock down. We have just had Kettle & last night Hill as referee's so we know a pants ref when we see them!

I wouldn't say Granty dives in the ridiculous fashion that some of the idiots do in the premiership!
Grant invites the tackle, he clips the ball away and takes the challenge it's as simple as that!

Batt deserved to be sent off because he was poor throughout! It put him out of his misery I think!

Grant goes down easily, but if you are being fouled why stay on your feet if it puts you in a better position, every other side does it, so I'm glad we've finally got a player who does it properly!

Thought your boys looked quality in thefirst few minutes but we managed to stop that! Good luck for the rest of the season!

I sit in the East Blacks pretty much dead level with Constable's position for the goal and IMHO the assistant definitely got that one right, he looked level at worst.

Indeed, Clohessy was hanging back too far. Clearly on-side.

Hi Mjgrays

Trying to be balanced here - I was opposite the challenge on Grant by Batt and it looked bad from where we were, late and as Grant was running at full pelt he was always going to go forwards a long way. I don't think it was a dive - however as one other poster suggested, Grant does go down well, and wins us a lot of free kicks! On another day, with a more lenient ref Batt may have got away with a yellow, but this was Keith Hill!

The Mohsni challenge wasn't as bad, but did deserve a yellow - no more.

Keith Hill is an awful ref. - so picky - moving the ball 6 inches on free kicks etc. - he was equally bad for both teams.

I thought you were a very physical side and to be honest wouldn't have been surprised to see another one of yours walk for two yellows!

Will be interested to see the video replays to see whether my gut feeling on the decisions was correct.

Yes, I thought it was an orange-ish card. Hegley would have given yellow, Hill gave red, Kettle would have given a free-kick to Oxford.

Who's up to ref next, Mick?

We've had Kettle and Hill in the last two games, Jernail Singh has retired so it must be Gavin Ward next!

Or the idiot who reffed Charlton v Col Ewe on Tuesday. Apparently he blew for offside (no flag) and disallowed the goal, spoke to the linesman who said it wasn't offside so gave the goal. Restarted the game and then had the 4th official tell him that as he'd blown the goal didn't count, so he chalked it off and restarted with a drop ball! You couldn't make it up!

Who's up to ref next, Mick?

We've had Kettle and Hill in the last two games, Jernail Singh has retired so it must be Gavin Ward next!

No, it's a referee who looks much much older than Gavin Ward (don't they all). An experienced and normally steady journeyman referee in Graham Salisbury ..... more details tomorrow.

Yes, I thought it was an orange-ish card. Hegley would have given yellow, Hill gave red, Kettle would have given a free-kick to Oxford.

I'm presuming Hill saw the same as me, as it was an easy red to give. Having seen the replay, it looks more obvious that I remembered from Tuesday night.

Back