• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blueronron

Manager
You worry as a fan if we donot start well,how things crowdwise will pan out

Figures out to day show average crowd last season 5,034 compared to previous season average 5,969.

With peoples purse strings being tightened and not many"Top" teams coming to the Hall,this could be one of the most crucial seasons (Every season we say the same:smile:)

Feel sorry for Brown, seems already to have upset fans for taking the job and now more than ever he needs the support of players and fans at the beginning of the campaign

UTS

If our home form and general home play is as poor as last season the the attendance will fall further, faster. There were times when it was not entertainment but frustration and torture to endure.:'(

Funnily enough I thought the year before was far less entertaining. We at least played some decent football this season prior to Christmas.

Our attendances wont fall too much further as they are now around our "hardcore" levels.

Feel sorry for Brown, seems already to have upset fans for taking the job and now more than ever he needs the support of players and fans at the beginning of the campaign

UTS

He did not upset me by taking the job.

He upset me by what he did once he got here.

In one of my first meetings with Steve Kavanagh we discussed trying to improve attendances and both agreed it was the performances on the pitch that dictate the crowds.

Let's hope Mr Brown gets it right this season.

It was a kick in the teeth being relegated and well done to all those that kept coming through the gates when we didn't even know who half the team were and the biggest worry was re-election.

And then a season of hope with good promotion chances lifted every one. Losing to Crewe was another large defeat that I think has left many of us (secretly) rather gloomy during the last season.

Perhaps the pendulum will swing the other way this year. I have my fingers crossed and await news over the close season with optimism.

Overall I think the crowds will stay roughly the same this year if we stay mid-table. And that is how I would set budgets for the coming season. As said above, that could all change with the performances (good and bad) on the pitch ....

Lets hope we never return to the dire days of the early to mid 80's and crowds of 2500-3500. Which I would'nt mind betting is nearer to absolute hardcore support level.

Not any more.

Times have changed in the last 30 years, even with the economic climate 4000-5000 will be our low point now Im sure.

The key will be how we do in the league, if we are bottom 6 then Id say sub 4,000 could be possible, but top half we should be getting 4,500+

Having the likes of Portsmouth in our league will be a boost in itself.

Shows just how important it is to get out this division. Full of northern slums who bring about 20 fans, the division above you have Wolves, Coventry, Sheff Utd, Col U, Orient, all of whom would fill the away end.

Shows just how important it is to get out this division. Full of northern slums who bring about 20 fans, the division above you have Wolves, Coventry, Sheff Utd, Col U, Orient, all of whom would fill the away end.

When have Colu ever filled an away end at Roots Hall? Even when we played them in the Championship with them in the top half then only brought a thousand down.

In one of my first meetings with Steve Kavanagh we discussed trying to improve attendances and both agreed it was the performances on the pitch that dictate the crowds.

Let's hope Mr Brown gets it right this season.

Im sure most posters on this board will give him 45 minutes of the first league game,before wanting him out

UTS

Im sure most posters on this board will give him 45 minutes of the first league game,before wanting him out

UTS

Im sure that will be the case for some. If things arent going well after half a dozen games then questions will be certainly asked.

Sturrock went because he couldnt get us in the play-offs, if Brown doesnt then he hasnt done what he was brought in to do.

Last season saw our lowest home league gate since Aug 2004 (3,908 v Cheltenham on a Tues night)

So there are worrying signs there certainly...

Unless we have a cracking season, I can see quite a few sub 4,000 crowds certainly midweek. With the average probably dipping to around the 4,500 mark, which again would be the lowest average attendance since the 2003/2004 season.

Let's hope we have a decent season and those sort of attendances don't materialise. It would be quite worrying from a financial point of view.

UTS

I remember the first home game of the season against Huddersfield when we were 2-0 up ....... and then went on to draw 2-2 ............ so I'll be allocating Mr Brown more than 45 minutes ......... 60 minutes should do it .....:raspberry:

Barnet and Aldershot going down won't help either. I can't imagine Mansfield or Newport filling the away end.

The statistics shown are a guide; what was our total, (all matches at home, attendance? How many season ticket holders? what about the factoring in of away attendance and the "league" table of teams support for that?
Any answers please stato s?

Back