• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest from the rumour mill...

Deon Burton would be one to conjure with, certainly...

I can see Fredy going, TBH. Never mind, eh. Grant Holt and Colin Kazim-Richards would be solid replacements, and we might even see Lawrie put a run of games together...

Matt

Patrick Kluivert is on a free as well.

Apparently you'll see him link up with Adriano, who is apparently after a move and would relish living by the sea, but close to London.

Does anyone else hate all this pre-season pile of Broughton?

if we werent linked with players or our players wernt linked with other clubs fans like you would moan about that as well

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ May 25 2005,16:57)]Patrick Kluivert is on a free as well.
I'd rather have Sidibe.

No seriously I agree HKB. Whatever happens I'm sure Tilly is clued up with the situation and there are contingency plans in place..........or at least I hope!

oops.gif
down.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tweedy @ May 25 2005,17:00)]if we werent linked with players or our players wernt linked with other clubs fans like you would moan about that as well
No, I wouldn't moan.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ May 25 2005,16:57)]Does anyone else hate all this pre-season pile of Broughton?
It is a bit tiresome. Especially as our season is still very much alive. No-one is going to leave between now and Saturday afternoon, so I'm really not concerned.

I don't really see the point in selling Freddie for £400k unless he really wants out. Are our finances that bad that we have to take that sort of an offer. Ok, its a lot of money, a lot more than we've had for a player in a long time but with the cut that Grays are going to get its not that much.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ May 25 2005,17:15)]No-one is going to leave between now and Saturday afternoon, so I'm really not concerned.
Apart from Corbett!

Can't see any truth in this Freddy rumour at all.

Hopefully I might be able to find out for sure tomorrow. If I do, I'll let everyone know.

If players like trundle who have proved themselves at this level arent transfering to bigger clubs the surely freddy wont, people forget that he hasnt had a full season of pro football yet and we dont know but he might have a poor season next year.

Trundle is the best physical striker to play against us in the league this season

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tweedy @ May 25 2005,19:09)]Trundle is the best physical striker to play against us in the league this season
When Wrexham won promotion up a league up though he went for the money and to Swansea, who at the time were struggling at the bottom of the table IIRC. Another reason to dislike Trundle...
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ May 25 2005,18:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ May 25 2005,17:15)]No-one is going to leave between now and Saturday afternoon, so I'm really not concerned.
Apart from Corbett!
He qualifies as a 'no-one'!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ May 25 2005,18:54)]Can't see any truth in this Freddy rumour at all.

Hopefully I might be able to find out for sure tomorrow. If I do, I'll let everyone know.
First time I've quoted myself.
wink.gif

Right, first of all sorry for the whole 'finding out from a source' type post. But, after exactly that, the club have had no contact with anyone and they know nothing about it. We certainly aren't on the verge of losing him to Norwich, or anyone else for that matter.

So anyone who was fretting, you are now free to stop.

I tried to put a word in on that actually.
laugh.gif

I think it got a bit lost in translation when the words "give God a new contract" were said!
tounge.gif

Let Fredy go - if Norwich want him, let him go, but only if the price is right.
Grant Holt, if we can get him, would be just what we are looking for. Fredy gives the ball away too often and puts his own defence under pressure - it may be that after a rest and a full pre-season training he will get back to where he was before the Cambridge game but, at the moment, he really looks tired and out-of sorts.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blueheaven @ May 26 2005,23:37)]Let Fredy go - if Norwich want him, let him go, but only if the price is right.
Grant Holt, if we can get him, would be just what we are looking for. Fredy gives the ball away too often and puts his own defence under pressure - it may be that after a rest and a full pre-season training he will get back to where he was before the Cambridge game but, at the moment, he really looks tired and out-of sorts.
Freddy's got much, much more talent than any striker I've seen in this division this year. If we lose him, it will be for someone else's substantial gain.

Why not hold on to him, give him a pre-season to build on his first full season in professional football and let him wreak havoc on defences next year for us?

Perhaps another striker as an alternative goal threat would be handy (for all Gray's excellent hard work). However, if Gray or Pettefer gets replaced, I'm sure we'd concede a lot more goals and wouldn't have nearly as many 1-0s, 1-1s or 2-1s. They'd be draws/losses instead.

Back