• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Liaison Meeting Minutes

GK said that he had seen boasts on message boards that the clubs “kid for a quid” offer had been abused and that they were monitoring the situation for the future

rock.gif
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Mar. 03 2005,09:15)]GK said that he had seen boasts on message boards that the clubs “kid for a quid” offer had been abused and that they were monitoring the situation for the future

rock.gif

rock.gif
I think you'll find there is more than one message board !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An interesting piece in them regarding food. A question was asked about Chips which led to an answer from Geoffrey King which in cluded the sentance, and I quote GK said that the club offers as good a range of food that you will find anywhere.
biggrin.gif

Yeah right, so having the choice of a Pie, Sausage Roll, Hot Dog or Burger compares to for instance Kidderminster where you can get all of the above and more including Shepherds Pie, Curry, Chinese, Vegetarian Options & so on.

All I can say is Dream on
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Mar. 03 2005,09:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Mar. 03 2005,09:15)]GK said that he had seen boasts on message boards that the clubs “kid for a quid” offer had been abused and that they were monitoring the situation for the future

rock.gif

rock.gif
I think you'll find there is more than one message board !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I never said there wasn't did i?

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Mar. 03 2005,09:16)]
[b said:

rock.gif

rock.gif
That is a very good point, and I never thought of bringing that up at the meeting - it could of been posted on SUFC's own message board
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Mar. 03 2005,09:18)]An interesting piece in them regarding food. A question was asked about Chips which led to an answer from Geoffrey King which in cluded the sentance, and I quote GK said that the club offers as good a range of food that you will find anywhere.  
biggrin.gif

Yeah right, so having the choice of a Pie, Sausage Roll, Hot Dog or Burger compares to for instance Kidderminster where you can get all of the above and more including Shepherds Pie, Curry, Chinese, Vegetarian Options & so on.

All I can say is Dream on
down.gif
Did mention the fare on offer by other clubs
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]GK said that he was disappointed when he visited the Shrimpers Bar at 6.20pm on the night of the Scunthorpe game to find that there were no Trust members carrying out the signing-in duties. PY said that the majority of the Trust Committee work and it is difficult to get there on time for an evening match due to traffic but this case in question, it was an isolated incident. GK said that he could get there and PY said that he worked next door. GK said that signing-in was a condition and the Trust must have at least one member who could carry out the early signing-in.

PY asked if a member of the security staff could sign people in until a Trust member could get there. GK said that was not part of their duties and it had to be a Trust member. PY asked if a member of the security staff who was also a Trust member could carry out the duties early on until cover arrived. GK said that he would speak to David Jobson about this.

More pathetic attitude by the club!

In this particular instance, I side with GK. It might come across in the minutes as a bit petulant foot stamping by GK (and it may have been just like that in the meeting, for all I know) but it is a requirement, I believe agreed by the local rozza's, that a Trust member sign people in.

Clicked on document then all it did was to link to shrimperstrust.co.uk on exactly the same page I was on. No sign of any liaison section.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Mar. 03 2005,09:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]GK said that he was disappointed when he visited the Shrimpers Bar at 6.20pm on the night of the Scunthorpe game to find that there were no Trust members carrying out the signing-in duties. PY said that the majority of the Trust Committee work and it is difficult to get there on time for an evening match due to traffic but this case in question, it was an isolated incident. GK said that he could get there and PY said that he worked next door. GK said that signing-in was a condition and the Trust must have at least one member who could carry out the early signing-in.

PY asked if a member of the security staff could sign people in until a Trust member could get there. GK said that was not part of their duties and it had to be a Trust member. PY asked if a member of the security staff who was also a Trust member could carry out the duties early on until cover arrived. GK said that he would speak to David Jobson about this.

More pathetic attitude by the club!
Why is that pathetic? GK is making very valid points. Granted it can be difficult for some people to get there early for evening kick offs but that was one of the conditions from the very off - it's not a new thing. Is GK supposed to turn a blind eye to it? I don't think so, and he is quite right that it isn't a stewards job to do so.

Click the link, scroll right to the bottom of the page and click on the "Latest Liaison minutes are now online - click here to download them." Et voila.

[b said:

rock.gif
rock.gif
I can think of one post not so long ago that was boasting about this very issue.

That said, I'd hate to think GK spends as much time reading messageboards as I do. Must be reading this if that is the case!

Oh, and I did get to the report by the way, sneakily hidden at the bottom of the page. It's a very good set of minutes actually and a very worthwhile read. I was surprised it wasn't more prominent.

One thing, why is everyone, including the absent John Stannard talked about acronymically (it is a word now) yet Dave Jobson is always referred to as Dave Jobson and never DJ?!
upside.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Mar. 03 2005,09:57)]Clicked on document then all it did was to link to shrimperstrust.co.uk on exactly the same page I was on.  No sign of any liaison section.
What browser are you using ?

If it's Firefox for some reason the Tabs don't show
sad.gif

I don't know why - perhaps a techie out there can advise.

There is another link at the bottom of the home page which takes you straight to the document
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Mar. 03 2005,10:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Mar. 03 2005,09:57)]Clicked on document then all it did was to link to shrimperstrust.co.uk on exactly the same page I was on. No sign of any liaison section.

sad.gif

There is another link at the bottom of the home page which takes you straight to the document
smile.gif
Yeah, it is Firefox. When I hover over the link, it just has a link to the page again and that's all that's loaded when I click on it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Mar. 03 2005,10:11)]
[b said:

rock.gif

rock.gif
I can think of one post not so long ago that was boasting about this very issue.

That said, I'd hate to think GK spends as much time reading messageboards as I do.  Must be reading this if that is the case!

Oh, and I did get to the report by the way, sneakily hidden at the bottom of the page.  It's a very good set of minutes actually and a very worthwhile read.  I was surprised it wasn't more prominent.

One thing, why is everyone, including the absent John Stannard talked about acronymically (it is a word now) yet Dave Jobson is always referred to as Dave Jobson and never DJ?!
upside.gif
Not sneakily hidden at the bottom of the page. There is a link to all Trust Documents at the top of the page, but in your case this is not working.

Anyway problem solved - the link at the bottom is now moved to the top  
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Mar. 03 2005,10:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Mar. 03 2005,10:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Mar. 03 2005,09:57)]Clicked on document then all it did was to link to shrimperstrust.co.uk on exactly the same page I was on.  No sign of any liaison section.

sad.gif

smile.gif
Yeah, it is Firefox.  When I hover over the link, it just has a link to the page again and that's all that's loaded when I click on it.
I have the same problem with firefox and I haven't a clue why. It's a pain in the arse when I want to check stuff I have uploaded.
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SoC @ Mar. 03 2005,09:57)]In this particular instance, I side with GK. It might come across in the minutes as a bit petulant foot stamping by GK (and it may have been just like that in the meeting, for all I know) but it is a requirement, I believe agreed by the local rozza's, that a Trust member sign people in.
Yeah maybe GK is right about this but what he mustn't forget is how much money the Shrimpers Bar makes for the club now it is run by the Trust as opposed to when it was run solely by the club.

For the extra revenue that has been brought in by the Trust's excellent efforts you would have thought he might have at least entertained the idea of providing a steward for the half hour or so it takes for a Trust member to get there on an evening kick off.

Back