• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

League 2 Odds 2020/21

In the league or for Southend? Either way that’s tempting to put a few quid on.
Just for him to be top scorer in the league. With his record under Molesley at Weymouth, I thought it may be worth a bet for anyone else who likes a long shot!
Humphrys is at 40’s.

I think automatic promotion is possible ...

and play offs a minimum.

We were scoring goals in League one so just need defence sorting - and we have a few old heads there already ...

Our young guns will storm it going forward -

Never felt so confident before about a season ...

and play offs a minimum.

We were scoring goals in League one so just need defence sorting - and we have a few old heads there already ...

sadly age doesnt keep clean sheets... as my nurse will verify

and play offs a minimum.

I hope you are right but my head tells me you are going to be really disappointed this season. I'll be happy if we don't drop down again.

Could be tempted by Tranmere at that price ended last season well and have since strengthen squad.

Think they’re a decent shout. Vale will be up there as well. Good manager, good side. All about whether Theo Robinson hits the ground running because all they really lacked last season was a regular goal scorer .

and play offs a minimum.

I think you have made a good and often neglected point. The manager is the most crucial component in the success or non-success of a football club. A lot of people are looking at young and existing players that played some part in a terrible last season and projecting forward on that basis that Southend will struggle this season. But things are more complicated than that. A new manager can give a team tremendous bounce and suddenly ordinary players become very good players. At the same time, Southend have a lot of young players that are likely to improve significantly in the near future. I think Molesley is going to make a very positive impact on the performance of the team and I will personally be surprised if we are not challenging for a promotion spot.

Last edited:
There are a lot of ifs involved but IF:
(a) we keep Humphrys and Kelman we will have a strike force which will be one of the best of League 2;
(b) Lennon can avoid injury and give us a full season;
(c) and Lennon fulfill his potential (he could be one of the best defenders L2);
(d) Kelman and Elvis continue to improve;
(e) any of or all of Clifford, Gard, Phillips, Mitchell-Nelson, Kinali and Hutchison can kick on and improve significantly over the coming season;
(f) Oxley, JD, and Dieng have decent seasons;
the we should at least challenge for promotion.
The alternative scenario:
(a) we lose Humphrys and Kelman early;
(c) Lennon proves to be...er.....Lennon;
(d) none of the young talents improves and/or are lost to injury;
(e) the older players fail to find form or lose interest
then we me might be looking at Conference football next season.
The great unknown is whether the younger brigade will be able to cope or even thrive in L2. If they cannot it will likely be a long season.
I am a Southend supporter so by nature that makes me an optimist and I think we will do well.
I know the clips of the goals we scored against Charlton are scant evidence but I was greatly encouraged by what I saw there.
Another good sign might be that I, at least, have no idea of what MM's preferred line up is. This suggests there is competition for places within the squad which is a healthy sign.
UTB, and, after re reading my post 25/1 seems to be a steal!

the behind closed doors start is likely to play into our hands judging by our pre-season performances, I've got a feeling that we will just miss out on the playoffs and we will end up with some new faces in the squad before the window closes, we might even have some come in after the window closes.

I wonder what odd's I'd get on Kinali winning player of the season for us? he reminds me of Atkinson but with a bit more end product

Nobody can predict how things are going to go. League 2 is notoriously difficult to predict at the best of times. Without reinforcements I still think we are going to be in for a lower mid-table finish. I would be quite happy to finish 17th/18th as long as we have stopped the rot that has been setting in for the last couple of seasons.

Of course I would love to be proved wrong and the people predicting play-offs or promotion are spot on. If football was always predictable we wouldn’t bother turning up. I hope come May 2021 I am “eating my words” and celebrating!

Nobody does know. The doom and gloom merchants nor the ones who think we’re going on a promotion charge nor the ones who think we’ll finish mid table ish (like me). That’s the beauty of football and why we love it.

Lots of unknowns have been mentioned but the biggest variable for me will be embargo and FF related. If planning approved and money available from September then with all clubs struggling financially we may be able to strengthen even early season and I suspect there will still be a good choice of decent league 2 players available. If not I worry about our resilience for a whole season.

I thinking of putting a £10 each way bet ( 1st time in 10 years )

Southend are a big club in this league and always do better IMHO even if we already been written off by some fans and media

I read 25/1 on here , but told some are offering 33/1 ?

Does anyone know the Book Makers that are offering the best odds

BTW, I like to go walk into the shop and get a paper receipt, but may consider signing up for online bet if need be if the odds better

Thanks for all your help

I thinking of putting a £10 each way bet ( 1st time in 10 years )

Southend are a big club in this league and always do better IMHO even if we already been written off by some fans and media

I read 25/1 on here , but told some are offering 33/1 ?

Does anyone know the Book Makers that are offering the best odds

BTW, I like to go walk into the shop and get a paper receipt, but may consider signing up for online bet if need be if the odds better

Thanks for all your help

40/1 with Spreadex and 33/1 with Skybet.

Back