• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So it was either Henry or Kightly?

That's what I thought. But even after we signed Kightly we were still interested.....apparently.

Of course the focus and budget could have moved to a different position or Oxford could have out bid us.

Sunderland have bid £900k for James Vaughan.

Well if Vaughan is going for 900k that sets down the marker for the sort of sum we should be looking at for Lenny.

but Vaughan is a striker/goalscorer

He's also a good deal older. Both have only a year left on their contracts.

Well, now we know where Bury have got their cash from that they've been splashing - this was clearly the plan all along.

This isn't about Div 1 transfers BUT..

HAS THE WORLD GONE FECKING MAD!!!!!!!!!!:angry::sad::'(

Some, most of the Premshite transfers are BONKERS, tens of £million on players that are only better than average and untried in the main, BONKERS and SO FAR FROM EVERY DAY REALITY IT (almost) MAKES ME WEEP FOR OUR SOCIETY.

Indeed but its all because of the increased tv money. Even the most mundane awful Premiership teams (Watford, West Ham, Stoke) get millions every season. Add in the high cost of season tickets, shirts, etc, the clubs are raking it in so can afford to pay ridiculous fees. You do think the bubble may burst one day but people have been saying that for a few years now. It wont be long till a player here is earning £1m a week.

Pleased to see a local lad has done well. Rob Hunt an ex Deanes pupil has just signed a 3 year contract with Oldham. He went to Brighton on leaving school and eventually spent a period at the end of the season on loan at Oldham. His chances at Brighton were very limited fiollowing promotion. A good move for him.

Lee Erwin to Oxford apparently. Another very good signing by them. Must admit the division is looking extremely strong this year.

I wouldn't expect much from him during posh's first 6 games of the season! :winking:
You heard first I should southend scout so many I spotted gone on to well in non league

Bet Ricky scores more then Mooney did and Mooney goals from penalty kicks

Nicky Ajose has gone to Bury on a season long loan.

Nicky Ajose has gone to Bury on a season long loan.

Is it me or is that rather odd? Ajose remains as a Charlton player (in the same league) but has gone out on loan again. Do they (Charlton) want him or not? Or is it a case of Ajose being on a good contract in this league and Charlton are trying to limit the cost of Ajose by loaning him out?

And will Charlton be able to "call him back" if they have need of his services?

I don't like all this. For me it's all a bit of a mockery. I would even go as far as saying farcical. :sad:

Back