• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tampa Blue

Director⭐
Ashamed to say that I left today at half time for the first time ever - I always stay to the end no matter what the score.

We are an average side capable of good performances - if we can't get the basics right then this is why we lose so easily to poor sides.

Darryl has retreated in to his shell and stopped collected high balls - the corner that they scored direct from should never have been a corner as Daryl should have come for the original cross - to rub salt in to the wounds it's a West Ham loanee who scores!! So Tilly, no more bull about not being able to get players in on loan - I'm sure Reid would have come to Southend on loan if offerred the chance rather than South Yorkshire!!

I'm sorry Tilly, who deservedly take the plaudits when we get promoted and rightly so. Now you desrve the criticism for failing to provide the again magnificent support with a Team worthy of the support and capable of staying in the Championship.

Sorry this is negative, and yes I'll be back for Luton and next season for whatever that will bring - but this afternoon I am really fed up....

Tilson has seriously gone down in my estimations. I've got tickets for Luton but i'll be ****ed if I'll do 4 hrs driving to watch such a dismal team that are already relegated.

Tilson has seriously gone down in my estimations. I've got tickets for Luton but i'll be ****ed if I'll do 4 hrs driving to watch such a dismal team that are already relegated.

Ive got a Ticket for the Luton game...... We are down BUT we are

SOUTHEND TILL WE DIE :-)

Yes we are, but some of the players obviously don't give a **** and I'll be bolloxed if I'm going to watch them prance around the pitch while they lose to a team like Luton.

Bring on next season and the axe on the absolute donkeys that Tilson has signed this season.

Yes we are, but some of the players obviously don't give a **** and I'll be bolloxed if I'm going to watch them prance around the pitch while they lose to a team like Luton.

Bring on next season and the axe on the absolute donkeys that Tilson has signed this season.

How do you know they dont give a toss, MK? Most of your judgements seem to be made from the wrong side of the Radio Speaker. I think on the contrary, having seen the mass jubilation at Preston, that they all care very much indeed. Criticise by all means, but fair criticism.

Been saying for ages that Tilson is to blame, but nobody wants to hear it.

Once we look at next seasons fixtures, maybe it will dawn on the Tilly-fanatics that he is not flawless and we had a great chance to consolidate at Championship level that he blew.

Balls to people saying 'its Ron Martins fault for not backing Tilly' - we spent more than we have done for some seasons - around £750,000. I think Tilly wasted most of that money and it has cost us dear.

Will we bounce back next year? Do relegated teams often come straight back up?

How do you know they dont give a toss, MK? Most of your judgements seem to be made from the wrong side of the Radio Speaker. I think on the contrary, having seen the mass jubilation at Preston, that they all care very much indeed. Criticise by all means, but fair criticism.

People booing, people leaving at half time? I may be on the wrong side of a speaker but I can hear the crowd, I can hear the commentator comment on the mis-placed passes and his criticism of their lack of passion.

Get used to it, this is the Southend we know and love and hate.
I know there will be a few people out there who still say we can make it, but were looking at 3 wins from our remaining games and realistically I cant see that.
I’m more worried about next season, we have had a glimpse of life after Freddy, take him out of the equation and what are we left with, Bradders, Harold, Lawson, Foran and Paynter (probably should have been recalled), I’m struggling to see where 40 goals combined from this lot is gonna come from, Foran may chip in with a few along with Paynter as league 1 is about their level, hope the club reinvest some of the Eastwood money in a recognised Prem/Champ striker that would get the fans out of their seats (and I don’t mean leaving early) and get us back on a winning track.
Just hope the likes of Gower, Clarke and McCormack also don’t jump ship as they have proved that they can compete at this level and I’m sure there’s a few other clubs that have noticed it as well.
As for Tilly/Brush, give them another season to see what they are really made of.

People booing, people leaving at half time? I may be on the wrong side of a speaker but I can hear the crowd, I can hear the commentator comment on the mis-placed passes and his criticism of their lack of passion.

I was listening to the same commentary as you MK, and I didn't hear mass booing, and the commentator said that they were NERVOUS not lacking in passion, in fact he was praising the team for not giving up.

The players certainly didnt look like they didnt care to me.

Just because they didnt play well for most of the match doesnt mean they dont care.

The crowd wasnt half as negative as before, and the spirit of the fight back in the last 20 minutes was appreciated by the crowd. Most didnt leave until 4.45.

Funny how much we missed him today, he is the only one who can still be a threat in the mediocrity...

Then you must of had your fingers in your ears, because I heard the booing, especially at the half time whistle.

There was booing at half time and at the end, but generally it wasnt that negative.

There also wasnt a mass exodus until a minute or two before the end.

I was there..

Just because they didnt play well for most of the match doesnt mean they dont care.
Totally agree, I don't think it is all about passion (Harrold has plenty of that for example) - it comes down to basic ability and I really don't think we are equipped on either the playing or the managerial side to be consistent enough to stay in the Championship.

Let's hope we don't do a Gillingham next season.

I am sure that Tilly will have learned more from this season than his entire playing and managerial career to date, but I'd love to see an experienced man alongside him and Brush.

Ashamed to say that I left today at half time for the first time ever - I always stay to the end no matter what the score.

We are an average side capable of good performances - if we can't get the basics right then this is why we lose so easily to poor sides.

Darryl has retreated in to his shell and stopped collected high balls - the corner that they scored direct from should never have been a corner as Daryl should have come for the original cross - to rub salt in to the wounds it's a West Ham loanee who scores!! So Tilly, no more bull about not being able to get players in on loan - I'm sure Reid would have come to Southend on loan if offerred the chance rather than South Yorkshire!!

I'm sorry Tilly, who deservedly take the plaudits when we get promoted and rightly so. Now you desrve the criticism for failing to provide the again magnificent support with a Team worthy of the support and capable of staying in the Championship.

Sorry this is negative, and yes I'll be back for Luton and next season for whatever that will bring - but this afternoon I am really fed up....

Then you missed the change in the team when Foran went off

You missed us hit the post, you missed us bombard the Barnsley goal, and you missed playing as we can

Leaving at half time is your choice, but....

Lol, another Tilson masterstroke signing Foran then.

Come back Tes, all is forgiven....

Then you missed the change in the team when Foran went off

You missed us hit the post, you missed us bombard the Barnsley goal, and you missed playing as we can

Leaving at half time is your choice, but....

Indeed the last 20 minutes or so we were all over them.

Shame we couldnt do that for longer though.

Lol, another Tilson masterstroke signing Foran then.

Come back Tes, all is forgiven....

Jeez you get out of the wrong side of bed ?!

Foran has done ok since he came, he didnt play well today but has got rave reviews in other matches.

Back