• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leon . C

Blueshrimper

Manager
Well they all seem to do alright for us! First Leon Cort, then Constantine and now Clarke! Seriously I am not going to get carried away but the signs from his first game are very good. He held up the ball well and set up the two goals as well as scoring a spectacular goal. This is what we should of had when we bought Paynter but it never really happened. Now if we can get Clarke for anywhere near the fee Swindon have given us for Billy then I will be very happy!

Last edited:
well as scoring a spectacular goal
when he got the ball i thought what the **** is he doing. If you missed the game make sure you watchthis on tv somewhere. Its superb.

Yes it was only one game so we shouldnt get carried away.

However he created two, almost set up McCormack later on, came close with an over head and kick and scored a sublime lob.

Not bad I suppose. :)

when he got the ball i thought what the **** is he doing. If you missed the game make sure you watchthis on tv somewhere. Its superb.

Yeah me too, he doesnt have particularly quick feet and thought he had let the chance go, then the lob was also in slow motion. Great moment and after creating two good to see him score one as well.

Just heard the interview with Clarke on BBC Essex and he has said categorically that he would be more than happy to stay here come the end on his loan spell.

Tilly, do the right thing and make sure you sign the lad up permanently when you can. Quality in my eyes.

(got the right thread this time lol)

I hope Matt Harrold was watching... Everything you want from a Target Man and more.

he showed really good skill. had a few moments of brilliance. two great assistances and what a goal. nice way to introduce himself to the team and of course the fans.

really like the look of him.

good debut lets see how rest of spell turn out, as for Harrold I thought he was very good today and deserved a goal I would give him at least a nine just for effort today

I hope Matt Harrold was watching... Everything you want from a Target Man and more.

Funny, Leon Clarke played nothing like a target man. Won little in the air and dropped deep for most of the game. In his own words he isnt a target man.

Harrold played the target man role perfectly today winning flick ons time and time again (one of which Clarke almost scored from) and was constantly putting pressure on the centrebacks.

What does Harrold have to do to get recognition!

Really positive interview on BBC Essex. I'd be happy for him to stay.

However feet on the ground time, Gillingham were a very very poor side, and with all due respect to them, with Bentley and Lomas in the centre of the park, creativity is going to be a rarity.

However feet on the ground time, Gillingham were a very very poor side, and with all due respect to them, with Bentley and Lomas in the centre of the park, creativity is going to be a rarity.

Just to put a positive spin on that, with Bentley and Lomas in the middle they may not create lots, but you would expect a battle and its great our midfielders came out on top.

Everything you want from a Target Man

If you read his interview in the programme, he states he is definitely not a target man. I tihnk because he is a big lump people automatically put him in that role, but he says hes not so thats good enoughfor me.

I thought Leon won everything in the air aimed towards him, held the ball up well strongly and his flick ons were brilliant, got both assists... Basically what Harrold is in the squad to do. I'd like to stress again i'm not knocking Harrold's display today, I just think Leon played the role of flicking the ball on excellently and perhaps Harrold could learn from him

As for Gillingham, they really are terrible.

leon has got some great skill. in particular in the second half when he got the ball on his chest then to his feet, faked the shot and set up another chance. not only is he a great finisher he is a good team player. he often tried to set other players up rather than going it alone when no one would have blamed him for having a go.

Funny, Leon Clarke played nothing like a target man. Won little in the air and dropped deep for most of the game. In his own words he isnt a target man.

Harrold played the target man role perfectly today winning flick ons time and time again (one of which Clarke almost scored from) and was constantly putting pressure on the centrebacks.

What does Harrold have to do to get recognition!

Agree with this completely. Harrold was excellent today - and that's not getting carried away. Clarke looked a real prospect and showed a nice modest streak in his interview, with reference to filling Freddy's boots.

One game. The praise shouldn't be as blinkered as the criticism some get on here.

Stunning, stunning goal and a few nice touches, he wasn't superb. He got man of the match for the goal alone because Bailey and McCormack had far superior games. He'll have to work a bit harder for me, but a good start. Lets hope the goals continue.

Anyone know if MacDonald wasn't in the squad due to injury or just being out of favour? He must be slightly worried if so.

Back