• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Options

• Boo him as I would any returning player

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Would have cheered him but will now boo after his celebrations

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • Good servant will cheer him.

Votes: 21 47.7%

• Total voters
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ July 09 2004,11:48)]Think prophet got out of bed on the wrog side too today,

Although was refreshing to be called a "Stupid Arse" its been a long time since in was called that...lol.

Look can't we all just be friends  
wink.gif
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>STUPID ARSE</span>
biggrin.gif

Some people are easily pleased and yes I did get out of bed the wrong side today. Kicked the wall, broke my toe which is actually very painful!
wink.gif

Don't like horses either high or low variety but clothes horses are quite harmless!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ July 09 2004,11:57)]Cockles its not often i agree with you but from a loose comment earlier i seem to have stirred up quite a lot of passion.
Could you just quickly run me through the posts I have done that you don&#39;t agree with, so I can have a quick look at them and see if my opinion has changed on them

Many Thanks in advance

Mr C Ockles

Blimey... I haven&#39;t seen so many hand-bags in a long time&#33;

[Oh, and by the way... the Woman&#39;s Institute would like them back&#33;&#33;&#33;
laugh.gif
]

Good luck Mr. Cort... Welcome you back anytime mate&#33; [come and watch our opener against Cheltenham on 07/08/04... See what you&#39;ll be missing this season&#33;&#33;&#33;
wink.gif
]
cool.gif

Cort haven&#39;t done badly agasint League One club in LDV last season (Luton, QPR &amp; Colchester Scums) there is no reason why he will do well for Hull. I belive he can play at League One level.

Thank for your service at Southend &amp; I hope you get well soon and start playing for Hull (Cort might read Shrimperzone, you never know).

PS: do us a fav &amp; score a goal Vs Col Ewes in a Hull&#39;s wins.

Whilst i think Cort could have stayed another year with the club and then moved, He may not get another chance to move to a club like Hull who are a big club and are certainly up and coming.

Good luck to the guy.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ July 09 2004,14:07)]Whilst i think Cort could have stayed another year with the club and then moved, He may not get another chance to move to a club like Hull who are a big club and are certainly up and coming.

Good luck to the guy.
Nice to see someone telling it like it is and not sitting on the fence.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (petejan @ July 08 2004,20:15)]I have just read on the hull rival site . A nd it has been reported that in the first day of training .LEON CORT has broken his toe on a treadmill and will miss the first 4 weeks of the new season .Oh dear Ha Ha Ha what a shame dont we all feel sorry for him .
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

smile.gif
What on earth are you on about, Pete?! Leon Cort simply wanted to play football at a higher level. He kept everyone informed of his intentions long before the end of the season (he told me LAST SUMMER that the season just gone was likely to be his last at Roots Hall) and he didn't walk out on us, go behind our backs, or break any promises.

I think a VERY LARGE MAJORITY of fans have wished him luck after three seasons of sterling service to Southend United. I, for one, will certainly NOT be gloating at his misfortune and I know I am certainly not alone ...

WS

mad.gif

Agreed JS, Cort was one of my favourite players of the last few years and he certainly did nothing wrong in wanting to play at a higher level.
i wish him all the luck in the world, and that he gets into the Hull first team and becomes a better player at a higher level/

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Stan @ Sep. 18 2004,19:57)]Leon scored for hull city today against peterborough
Top Man&#33;
smile.gif

Anyone scoring against Judas&#39;s Posh deserves a pat on the back if you ask me... Leon must be over his injury then&#33; good luck to him.

wink.gif

Good to see Leon popping up to score against the sc*m today.
Was it his first goal for Hull City ?

Top man.

I believe he scored at Vale Park earlier in the season however.

Col Ewe only 5 points off the relegation places now ...

biggrin.gif

He&#39;s obviously doing well a division up - but how about next season? Will he cut it in the Championship?

I think the main problem with him staying at Southend was that he didn&#39;t have anyone around him to teach him his trade.

He was obviously a competent defender but needed to learn more, hopefully he&#39;s getting this at Hull.

As for being Championship quality I reckon he&#39;ll do ok, a few strikers spring to mind who&#39;ll turn him inside out though.

My mates also a Hull fan. He reckons that Cort is the only decent defender they&#39;ve got. Asked if we had any other defenders that we&#39;d let them have at the end of the season.

Back