• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
I was thinking about how we can teach children about history, culture, philosophy, etc and how we can use real-life to illustrate.

Then I thought how for example, we can point at Freddy, and use him as an example of Romany culture.

Or we can use Phil Gridelet as an example of poor race relations (For those who don't know, way before John Terry, Grids called the current Croatia boss Igor Stimac a "foreign ****")

Or maybe Mark Rawle - the grass isn't always greener.

So, what players would you use to illustrate what?

Kevin Maher - patience is a virtue. Fans were on his back for a when he first started, but became a favourite (amongst most, not all).

I was thinking about how we can teach children about history, culture, philosophy, etc and how we can use real-life to illustrate.

Then I thought how for example, we can point at Freddy, and use him as an example of Romany culture.

Or we can use Phil Gridelet as an example of poor race relations (For those who don't know, way before John Terry, Grids called the current Croatia boss Igor Stimac a "foreign ****")

Or maybe Mark Rawle - the grass isn't always greener.

So, what players would you use to illustrate what?

Didn't know that Gridelet story. Was that after the despicable Stimac racially abused the usually placid Dave Regis?
My example of Gridelet and poor race relations would be his encounter with Kinklazde.

Didn't know that Gridelet story. Was that after the despicable Stimac racially abused the usually placid Dave Regis?
My example of Gridelet and poor race relations would be his encounter with Kinklazde.

Yes, Stimac called Regis a black so and so, Grids then called him a foreign ****.

What happened with Kinkladze?

Richard Young: You only get one chance in life. If you screw up you might aswell leave.

If you choose to supplement your income by taking on a job in your spare time - don't become a part time gangsta (Dave Roche). Or if you do get really good knee protectors.

Richard Young: You only get one chance in life. If you screw up you might aswell leave.

To be fair Richard Young had a second career.

0.jpg

Nicky Bailey - Always be respectful to your employer.

Tes Bramble - If there's grass on the wicket - let's play cricket (But please ask permission first.)

Yes, Stimac called Regis a black so and so, Grids then called him a foreign ****.

What happened with Kinkladze?

In the spirit of cross-border togetherness, Grids tried to get close to Kinkladze all afternoon/evening but Kinkladze didn't seem so keen. When the hand of international friendship was finally offered between Georgia and England's finest playmakers, it was in the form of a clenched fist from Tblisi to London.

Back