• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I still think we have just recieved a classic s**t news sandwich. One slice of bread, wycombe away free travel etc, then the filling...lidl have prospect site, then the other slice of bread...thunderdome being delivered, I think the lidl news is a real blow for the stadium hopes and the thunderdome is essentially a new play football facility/business with the side effect of being available for the first team and yoofs from time to time.

I still think we have just recieved a classic s**t news sandwich. One slice of bread, wycombe away free travel etc, then the filling...lidl have prospect site, then the other slice of bread...thunderdome being delivered, I think the lidl news is a real blow for the stadium hopes and the thunderdome is essentially a new play football facility/business with the side effect of being available for the first team and yoofs from time to time.

Hmmm... All of your prognostications ignore the fundamental question here - where has Ron got the money from to a) run the team comfortably, it appears, and b) splurge £2m on training facilities which wouldn't disgrace the prem.

Someone is investing heavily in us and the only reason to do that is the prospect(s) :-) of a big return, which must surely be from redeveloping Roots Hall. They, I would posit, wouldn't be handing over sums of money like this if they thought that a wee claim jump from Lidl would put the whole project on the rocks. Lidl are a contributing (rather than sabotaging)part of this somehow, they must be. The only question is "Just how?".

Hmmm... All of your prognostications ignore the fundamental question here - where has Ron got the money from to a) run the team comfortably, it appears, and b) splurge £2m on training facilities which wouldn't disgrace the prem.

Someone is investing heavily in us and the only reason to do that is the prospect(s) :-) of a big return, which must surely be from redeveloping Roots Hall. They, I would posit, wouldn't be handing over sums of money like this if they thought that a wee claim jump from Lidl would put the whole project on the rocks. Lidl are a contributing (rather than sabotaging)part of this somehow, they must be. The only question is "Just how?".

I would say the dome project is actually a sound business plan and getting a partner in for such a business would be an easy proposition, agree many benefits for the club too.

If it needed confirming, i can confirm, that Lidl have indeed bought the Prospect's site and will be developing an outlet there (not holding on to the land to sell it on at a premium).

This information comes direct from a Lidl employer who may or may not :winking:be area manager that oversees the Southend area.

The person concerned is the son in law of a close personnel friend.

I would say the dome project is actually a sound business plan and getting a partner in for such a business would be an easy proposition, agree many benefits for the club too.

If the sums are true and it costs 2m then it may be a sound business if they are prepared to wait a very long time for a profit return on their investment. In the current climate there are many ways to earn more and quicker from 2m.

If it needed confirming, i can confirm, that Lidl have indeed bought the Prospect's site and will be developing an outlet there (not holding on to the land to sell it on at a premium).

This information comes direct from a Lidl employer who may or may not :winking:be area manager that oversees the Southend area.

The person concerned is the son in law of a close personnel friend.

I'm sorry but that doesn't fit into the ShrimperZone hierarchy of evidence.:smile:

From 'best evidence' to 'worst evidence', the current hierarchy is:

1. Andy_S
2. Steve Tilson's golf partner
3. Ron Martin's cleaner
4. Smiffy
5. Freddy Eastwood's Dad
6. Seeing Ron Martin in London
7. Overheard someone at the hairdressers
8. Chris Phillips on twitter
NEW ENTRY 9. Son in law of a close personal friend

I'm sorry but that doesn't fit into the ShrimperZone hierarchy of evidence.:smile:

1. Andy_S
3. Ron Martin's cleaner
4. Smiffy
5. Freddy Eastwood's Dad

What about "guy propping up the bar down the pub" and "someone walking around with a clipboard", they must be high up there too!

1. Andy_S
3. Ron Martin's cleaner
4. Smiffy
5. Freddy Eastwood's Dad

Given that my breaking of the soccerdome story on here a day before it was officially announced (and I leaked it in a PM to Chris Phillips the day before breaking it on here) I am disappointed to only make number 6 on the list!

Given that my breaking of the soccerdome story on here a day before it was officially announced (and I leaked it in a PM to Chris Phillips the day before breaking it on here) I am disappointed to only make number 6 on the list!

Buy yourself a clipboard or no one is going to take you seriously.

1. Andy_S
3. Ron Martin's cleaner
4. Smiffy
5. Freddy Eastwood's Dad

I object to the inclusion of number 9 until it has been established whether the son in law is that of a close personal friend or a personnel friend, there appears to be some confusion on this. Are we dealing with a friend or a colleague here or is it a friend who has a friend in the personnel department ? This is extremely important, I mean you wouldn't submit a claim to the guinness book of world records without concrete evidence, as it stands this posters position at number 9 is like a red rag to a conspiracy theorist :smile:

I object to the inclusion of number 9 until it has been established whether the son in law is that of a close personal friend or a personnel friend, there appears to be some confusion on this. Are we dealing with a friend or a colleague here or is it a friend who has a friend in the personnel department ? This is extremely important, I mean you wouldn't submit a claim to the guinness book of world records without concrete evidence, as it stands this posters position at number 9 is like a red rag to a conspiracy theorist :smile:

I like it :smile:

I thought it might be of interest to share what Lidl say is their requirements for a site to develop. Bear in mind that given access concerns any planning connect is likely to require a minimum 1 parking space per 16 square metres of store (probably more if access is direct onto a busy road)

Important requirements are:

• Prominent sites in town, district, edge of centre or out of town locations.
  • Ideally main road frontage with easy access and strong pedestrian or traffic flow.
  • Freehold, leasehold or long leasehold opportunities.
  • Unit sizes flexible on design and scale between 8,000 and 19,000 sq. ft.
  • 0.8 acres plus for stand alone units or up to 4 acres for mixed use scheme developments by Lidl in conjunction with or acting as a developer.
Now I don't know the size of the Prospects site (I am sure someone does). However, I would imagine that a mixed use scheme is more likely as I think they will struggle to fit and get permission for a new store and parking just on the Prospects site (particularly given where the access would have to be direct into whatever parking spaces can be fitted in).

1. Andy_S
3. Ron Martin's cleaner
4. Smiffy
5. Freddy Eastwood's Dad

I appreciate we have not got this far down the list yet, but at 999- Mrs Blue's mate

It's all going off.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/116...an_apology_from_council_deputy_leader/?ref=mr

Have to agree with Mr Bates here. It was a cheap shot at him by Mr Longley. Hardly Mr Bates' fault Sainsbury/Ron have failed to complete on the deal SIX times!

Well I am not blaming Bates over the saga of Sainsburys reneging on the purchase but the ridiculous business of him wanting to take legal action over a petty comment is lamentable. It makes Bates appear quite pathetic. Furthermore, he states the sale was for 1.2 million less than had been agreed with Sainsburys and then goes on to suggest he does all he can in the best interests of the charity. I wonder if they would have got more, with the original offer in mind, had he waited for a further offer or a CPO? Sad and questionable decisions.

Well I am not blaming Bates over the saga of Sainsburys reneging on the purchase but the ridiculous business of him wanting to take legal action over a petty comment is lamentable. It makes Bates appear quite pathetic. Furthermore, he states the sale was for 1.2 million less than had been agreed with Sainsburys and then goes on to suggest he does all he can in the best interests of the charity. I wonder if they would have got more, with the original offer in mind, had he waited for a further offer or a CPO? Sad and questionable decisions.

If Sainsbury have indeed pulled out there is no alternate offer.

Cant blame the bloke, he has waited 7 years and nothing has happened, if he was to wait for another offer to be made from whoever does build on Roots Hall he could be sitting on it another 7 years.

If Sainsbury have indeed pulled out there is no alternate offer.

Cant blame the bloke, he has waited 8 years and nothing has happened, if he was to wait for another offer to be made from whoever does build on Roots Hall he could be sitting on it another 8 years.

You are right but at the same time if he had kept Prospects he had leverage for whatever plan arises at RH and would have been able to bump up the sale figure. Its a key site for future RH redevelopment. There must be a view that Bates has sold out and lost a greater revenue in the long run and with it scuppered any supermarket plan at RH. Necessary business or intentional design? I would not dare do a 'Longley' and suggest :smile:

Back