• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southendsleeper

Manager
I really dont even know where to begin

How would you pick a man of the match out of that lot?
I'd give it to Ricketts for signing kids autographs at half time.

The officials. Remember I moaned at the Sheff Wed officials. Well take that and treble it. Whoever that was in yellow with a white stick and guide dog, he was appalling. So was the linesman in front of the west stand. Players pulled back, Rickett's holding off a player with his strength, lino waved for that. Hooper held back, his shirt tugged, lino missed that. No wonder the fans were booing, 'you dont know what you're doing' etc. The fans were only loud in the majority when having a go at the officials and rightfully so, it was frustrating to watch.

Freddy (and he wasnt the only one) wouldnt pass unless it was to a Cardiff player.

Hunt played well, perhaps the least innocous, with Maher. They did the least passes to a Cardiff player, but still were guilty.

Conceding a soft goal didnt help, 3 defenders, each leaving the player with the ball to the other 2, and the ball trickled through Daryl's hands. That killed the game for us, and we found it hard to raise our game with the constant bad decisions. It seemed the ref would give a bad decison, then Cardiff would score.

Cardiff fans were good value, 'Its like watching Brazil', 'Ricketts for England' as he was warming up, and the inflatable sheep used as a beachball, very funny stuff. They even had a song about Col U which I couldnt make out.

As for our fans, the South West were in good voice, but it was another quiet match with little to cheer.

The rest of the players were pretty much of a muchness, Tilly got the team selection wrong. Where was Harrold? Why take of JCR and put on another striker, and if so why Hooper? JCR was negated on the right side of midfield, Cardiff had 3 players seemingly man marking him, so why not swap sides with the fairly ineffective Gower? Barrett cleared some good passes with his head, but we defended too deep. We so needed Sodje back too.

Why was Gutts still on the pitch when everyone had left it?

Obviously if you dont like reading criticism, the next couple of days will be a bad time to be on Shrimperzone.

Paynter. I cant say anything nice, so I'll just leave you with this. His best and probably only contribution - booting the ball out of the ground with, and I use the term loosely - a shot. Even the Bluebelle doing the half time challenge was more accurate

Two positives - 1) We still didnt play as bad as we did last boxing day against MK Dons. 2) Cardiff were rubbish. If thats the best the league has to offer we should be alright

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Sep. 24 2006,15:51)]Paynter. I cant say anything nice,
What not even about his header which hit the bar or the one which was disallowed?

tw&t.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Sep. 24 2006,15:51)]Paynter. I cant say anything nice, so I'll just leave you with this. His best and probably only contribution - booting the ball out of the ground with, and I use the term loosely - a shot. Even the Bluebelle doing the half time challenge was more accurate
Did you not see him go closest to scoring for us when he hit the bar with a header from 18 yards? At least he appeared to put some effort in.

However, the same cannot be said for Peter Clarke - possibly the worst performance of the season by any player. The number of missed headers was unbelievable and yet again his distribution was abysmal.

Why did we let Cole go on loan only to leave a bench of central players resulting in us playing with four strikers on the pitch?

The only way is up from here, starting with an improved performance against Derby with Sodje back in the team and Harrold at least on the bench.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Sep. 24 2006,15:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Sep. 24 2006,15:51)]Paynter. I cant say anything nice,
What not even about his header which hit the bar or the one which was disallowed?

tw&t.
Get over yourself Hong Kong Blue

I didnt boo him off either, Ive never booed a Southend player in my life, nor have I criticised him on this board before

Would you start him in the next game?

Youre just as much of a tw&t for defending him

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Sep. 24 2006,16:02)]
[b said:
[b said:

tw&t.

I didnt boo him off either, Ive never booed a Southend player in my life, nor have I criticised him on this board before

Your an idiot. Paynter did well today and I'm starting to think that unless he goes out and scores 3 goals a game then a group of morons are always going to be on his back.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tomasufc 4eva @ Sep. 24 2006,15:59)]and Harrold at least on the bench.
Is he injured or something. Cant see why he was dropped from the bench as had done well everytime he has come.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ Sep. 24 2006,16:04)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

tw&t.

Your an idiot. Paynter did well today and I'm starting to think that unless he goes out and scores 3 goals a game then a group of morons are always going to be on his back.
Blow me mighty shrimp

This is the first time I've had a bad word to say about him (and lets face it, I've had plenty of opportunity), and I get called a tw&t and an idiot.

He amongst others didnt have a good game

He was who I heard the fans moaning about as I walked home

[b said:
Quote[/b] (D62SUBOY @ Sep. 24 2006,16:06)]Im not going to disect the match or the players contributions - or lack thereof - suffice to say..............

MOM - Hunt by a country mile.

Regards

Disappointed from Eastwood.
I get the feeling I should have stuck to this

Sums up the match perfectly

[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

tw&t.

Southendsleeper - has it occured to you that it might not be Paynter's fault that we lost; has it occured to you that he made the best opportunity for us, and had a goal disallowed; has it occured to you that Paynter was far more lively than Freddy today and put twice as much effort in?

tw&t

glare.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Sep. 24 2006,16:07)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

tw&t.

Blow me mighty shrimp

This is the first time I've had a bad word to say about him (and lets face it, I've had plenty of opportunity), and I get called a tw&t and an idiot.

So you heard people moaning and instead of having your own opinion decided to go along with these idiots?

He's an easy target for people to moan about and the people moaning about him, IMHO, know little about football.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ Sep. 24 2006,16:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Sep. 24 2006,16:07)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

tw&t.

Blow me mighty shrimp

So you heard people moaning and instead of having your own opinion decided to go along with these idiots?

He's an easy target for people to moan about and the people moaning about him, IMHO, know little about football.
No I agreed with them

Yep, I know nothing about Southend and football despite being a season ticket holder for years

I thought he had a bad game, hence why I said so

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Sep. 24 2006,16:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (D62SUBOY @ Sep. 24 2006,16:06)]Im not going to disect the match or the players contributions - or lack thereof - suffice to say..............

Regards

biggrin.gif
That'll teach ya

[b said:
Quote[/b] (D62SUBOY @ Sep. 24 2006,16:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Sep. 24 2006,16:08)]
[b said:

Regards

biggrin.gif
That'll teach ya
You got that right

No wonder noone wants to come forward and write things if this is the response they get

Its alway nice to be called a '****' in your first reply

I thought Paynter did ok first half to be honest but was poor second (who wasnt)

2nd half I seem to have subconciously removed for memory to stop it torturing me, Im sure it will come back in post traumatic stress.

Agree we shouldnt have loaned Cole, this tactic of taking wingers off and putting strikers on doesnt look right, we lose our shape and just start hoofing it.

Today was always going to be hard, but what annoys me the most is Cardiff didnt actually beat us, we just gave it to them.

2nd half the players looked like they wanted to go home and very few seemed to want to be there.

I think Paynter had one of his better games today, i would still like to see Harold starting.

I think Sodje should start over clark and I think Hunt played well. What we need is a central midfielder willing to get forward. I can't understand why Jay Smith isn't even mentioned!

I saw mitchell cole in the ground today and thought he must be thinking "How am I not in the squad!"

Took the Mrs today who only ever sees us lose, I'll take full responsibility for the result!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LennyB @ Sep. 24 2006,16:27)]Took the Mrs today who only ever sees us lose, I'll take full responsibility for the result!
I was blaming Sky, but now I have a better excuse
wink.gif

Clarke was atrocious. For £250k you expect someone who can find a shirt of the same colour and doesnt duck under balls in the air. Doesnt look up to this level at all. Sodje has to come in, particularly with big Steve Howard up front for Derby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back